Santo Domingo Lodging Suggestion

Pancake

Nov 17, 2015
I am taking bus from Friusa to Santo Domingo and need a place to stay for 1-night. Any recommendations? Am going shopping and want to be safe.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Where are you shopping and what is your price point?

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

Pancake

Nov 17, 2015
Aren't sure where, heard El Conde (sp?) was a good spot to see. Looking for inexpensive clothes, etc.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
for colonial zone I recommend Nicolas de ovando hotel ...about $120 a night with an excellent breakfast buffet or a cheaper hotel in the zone ...discovery hotel right beside the parque indepenendcia ...about $40 a night

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In the Colonial Zone, I'd recommend Casa Sanchez, we enjoyed our stay there. Renovated colonial home, right off El Conde, attentive staff and a delicious breakfast - not a buffet, made to order. 

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Aren't sure where, heard El Conde (sp?) was a good spot to see. Looking for inexpensive clothes, etc.

you are coming to Santo Domingo just to go clothes shopping on el conde?

There are quite a few hotel choices from $50 to over $100........

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

If you are going to be on El Conde, which runs from the Duarte gate and ends at Columbus Square in the Colonial Zone stay at El Conde de Penalba Hotel. It is at the very end of El Conde . Very nice old Colonial style hotel. Very reasonable rates and the place has a great outdoor cafe. Go to their website and check them out. Very safe place to stay and great location.