Getting to Bayahibe .

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
We would like to visit some friends, but dont want to pay for taxi. How can we get over to Bayahibe Village on a bus?

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I'm not sure what the going rate is for a taxi from the "El cortecito or fruisa area", but from San Pedro de Macoris to Bayahibe is 2500 pesos (about $53 US). And that's a minivan that can hold 8-10 pasengers, with a cooler and food to feed said persons and more. Not a carro publico. I spend a lot of time in Bayahibe. Very nice, but don't buy sunglasses. If you need more information on the beach itself, send me a private message.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We would like to visit some friends, but dont want to pay for taxi. How can we get over to Bayahibe Village on a bus?

It's quite a drive, at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. I've only done it by car. 

I suspect you may have to take a bus to La Romana, then another bus to Bayahibe

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
It's quite a drive, at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. I've only done it by car. 

I suspect you may have to take a bus to La Romana, then another bus to Bayahibe

100% correct. For ease of transport, comfort, and safety, it's worth the price.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
True AE
Bus is next to Expresso Bavaro and is called Sirvas..... something, can't remember. But it goes to La Romana and then you can do the guagua to Bayahibe.
I suspect there is a local bus direct to Bayahibe but you'd have to ask a local there that knows.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You can also grab a Sitrabapu to Higuey then one there to Bayahibe. Should cost around 10 bucks total per person. Stop is where RV mentioned. You'll probably need to wait at both stops so estimate it'll take out about 1h30m.

Selltech

Jun 26, 2015
This is how I would do it. Express bus to La Romana (225PRD) on the Sitraihr line, (Leaves: 6:00, 8:20, 10:50, 13:20, 15:50, 18:20 from Friusa, but makes stops near Jumbo, the giant motorcycle near the intersection in Veron) then a little bus from La Romana to Bayahibe (60PRD) (Right near the bus stop close to the River bridge near Jumbo. Leaves like every half hour.) Has been mentioned but now you have the times and prices.