Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I want to bring in 2 Tvs less than $200

So here we go again:
    I know if the Tv is less than $200 dollars and if I have the receipt then I am home free but what if I bring in 2 (32 inch) Tvs, would my TVs be counted as 2 TVs individually costing less then $200 each or will the price of both TVs will be added up and then I will be charged tax?
    I know the prices of TV have dropped in stores in DR but I also know the cheaper TVs they are selling are generic chinese models with 720p resolution. I can get a nice name brand TV from walmart which will be a smart TV (netflex apps and youtube etc integrated) plus it will be full HD 1080p resolution. All for less than 200 dollars. This TV doesn't exist in DR for a cheap price at all. all 32 inch TVs in DR are basically 720p resolution and are not even smart TV. I think most models in this class are either obsolete models or fake chinese brands with inferior image quality.
    So please answer my question if you have any solid info. I have already done my foot work in DR stores and I know exactly what is available here and for what price. I fly to USA almost every month so going back and forth in order to get warranty repair is not a problem. I will get 2 yrs warranty in USA if I use my master card to buy the item.
    AZB

2. Likes RG84 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, I think I have found my answer to my own question. If I bring in one Tv then I am good to go but if I ship in 2 Tvs at once then the total sum will be counted as one which would be greater than $200 dollars. I would have to pay as much as 48% tax on the TVs.
    The bottom line: bring in 1 Tv at a time and if the item is less than 200 dollars then you pay nothing.
    AZB

4. Likes Commander Ooh La La, USN liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominican logic says the latter most likely will be the case, good luck.

6. Likes Peterj liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    ok, I think I have found my answer to my own question. If I bring in one Tv then I am good to go but if I ship in 2 Tvs at once then the total sum will be counted as one which would be greater than $200 dollars. I would have to pay as much as 48% tax on the TVs.
    The bottom line: bring in 1 Tv at a time and if the item is less than 200 dollars then you pay nothing.
    AZB
    ...and still there is a chance they will try to screw you; they determine the value of the TV...

8. Likes bienamor, DR1Admin, JDJones liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't, as with shipping here (according to cps), they will add it up.  Cps (I know your bringing them) said just ship then a few days apart, so I wouldn't do it if your bringing them. Also, the difference between 720 on 1080 on Delancer HD or slow internet is basically undetectable. 

single travel

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

right, very few (if any here) provide 1080 .....not a factor unless for DVD, I am told

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    ...and still there is a chance they will try to screw you; they determine the value of the TV...
    so they screw him before he can screw them

12. Likes Peterj liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    right, very few (if any here) provide 1080 .....not a factor unless for DVD, I am told
    Only Blueray is 720 or 1080; standard DVD is standard definition, just wide-screen. And even 720 is good enough for a PS3, though one may notice the difference with a PS4.

(in case anyone is about to ask, both have Bluray players embedded)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Or you could be using IPTV as a video source for HD viewing.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you need warranty repair for something that cost less than $200? You wouldn't likely be covered for more than one year anyway. At that cost, if you have a repair problem you just buy another if you can't get it fixed locally.

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    So here we go again:
    I know if the Tv is less than $200 dollars and if I have the receipt then I am home free but what if I bring in 2 (32 inch) Tvs, would my TVs be counted as 2 TVs individually costing less then $200 each or will the price of both TVs will be added up and then I will be charged tax?
    I know the prices of TV have dropped in stores in DR but I also know the cheaper TVs they are selling are generic chinese models with 720p resolution. I can get a nice name brand TV from walmart which will be a smart TV (netflex apps and youtube etc integrated) plus it will be full HD 1080p resolution. All for less than 200 dollars. This TV doesn't exist in DR for a cheap price at all. all 32 inch TVs in DR are basically 720p resolution and are not even smart TV. I think most models in this class are either obsolete models or fake chinese brands with inferior image quality.
    So please answer my question if you have any solid info. I have already done my foot work in DR stores and I know exactly what is available here and for what price. I fly to USA almost every month so going back and forth in order to get warranty repair is not a problem. I will get 2 yrs warranty in USA if I use my master card to buy the item.
    AZB

16. Likes Commander Ooh La La, USN liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast