Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You SO Much for Your Help, Alter Ego!

We are always trying to improve MotoCaribe's tour routes to give guests much greater exposure to the "real" Dominican Republic, those areas off the tourist grid where the local culture is richest and less spoiled by outside influences (a tough task!)

A couple of weeks ago she and her better half agreed to meet with us after dropping Mom CB off at SDQ to show some of the southern coast west of San Cristobal (FWIW, San Cristobal is a horrid town.)

And show us she did!

The afternoon was spent touring the area by car, offering some welcome additions to our SouthWest tour.

Generally, we go to the SW by the El Baden/Medina bypass from Autopista Duarte, past La Toma, a stop at Cuevas del Pomier and on to get on the southern autopista at San Cristobel to Bani. That 33km stretch of autopista is boring and dangerous because of multiple crossroad access, commercial trucks, varying vehicle speeds...and often high winds. We stop at the big Chinese parada east of Bani for lunch, interesting but somewhat forgettable.

But we don't take that stretch of autopista any longer.

Instead Grace & Mani gave us an excellent alternative: after only 7 short km on the autopista, we get off at the El Limon-Duveaux exit, ride a mountain road to 506 and on to an excellent beachside lunch at Golden Beach Restaurant on Playa Palenque, then past Nizao and Punta Catalina (where the huge new power plant is being built, want a sight!!!), and rejoining the end of the autopista at Bani!

We took that route, first time, last week. It takes an additional 1.5 hours to arrive at Las Salinas, but what a great addition to the tour! We can cut the additional time down by at least an hour by better time management, route knowledge and ordering lunch ahead.

Alter Ego, thank you so much! I'll have some special coffee for you when it's ready!

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Err think she calls it cawfee!

Matilda

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Err think she calls it cawfee!

Matilda
    Nah, i think you confused thats the folks on Lawn Guyland , they make the caw like Mc Caw sound
    ... we in Joisey call it coffeeeee..

Very Nice Story Cobra , sounds like fun..
    we were wondering where yuuu beeeeeeeen.

4. Likes cobraboy, Meemselle liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Nah, i think you confused thats the folks on Lawn Guyland , they make the caw like Mc Caw sound

Out committing first degree capitalism.

A group of beer executives from Slovakia arrive later this week. We're having a Presidente vs. Whatever They Brew in Slovakia competition tasting one night.

6. Likes jd426, Meemselle, bob saunders liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Out committing first degree capitalism.

A group of beer executives from Slovakia arrive later this week. We're having a Presidente vs. Whatever They Brew in Slovakia competition tasting one night.
    Sounds like fun. If I were a beer drinker, I would try and weasel my way into this par-tay!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    (FWIW, San Cristobal is a horrid town.)
    It sure is. lol

9. Likes Tarheel liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Matilda is right. I left NYC/Long Island a long time ago, but I brought my Brooklyn/LI accent along to NJ. I tawk like Bernie Sanders. 

Administrator
    DR1.com

11. Likes jd426, AnnaC, Jaime809, Meemselle liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Cobraboy, it was a pleasure seeing you and Alida again. Did your group enjoy the views over the mountain?  

We drove up near Punta Catalina last week too,  it's massive!  

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    It sure is. lol
    I would call it a.... [ rhymes with bit pole]

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Matilda is right. I left NYC/Long Island a long time ago, but I brought my Brooklyn/LI accent along to NJ. I tawk like Bernie Sanders. 
    Do the boids choip down that way?

15. Likes Meemselle liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast