Updated Dominican/Canadian Immigration info

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
My husband is in the DR right now, bringing his son Angelo here to live with us. We bought 2 return tickets through Air TransAt. There was a rule (stupid rule) that the first time a Dominican flies, he cannot fly on a charter without a letter of permission from Aero Nautica Civil in Santo Domingo. Angel was prepared to make the trip to Santo Domingo to get this letter. Luckily, I phoned the office in SD and was told that this is no longer necessary, Angelo could fly on Air TransAT, no problem. So I thought, "Okay, this is too good to be true, I am going to phone Air TransAt in POP to make sure." Sure enough, they no longer need the letter. BUT I was also informed that Angelo will not be able to travel on their airline, Air TransAT shouldn't have sold me a ticket. So I phoned Lynn, who is the Manager of Air TransAt, and I know her personally. I told her the situation and she said that it was true he wouldn't be let on the plane, but she would see would she could do. She talked to the people at the airport that could pose a problem, and all is supposed to be well. I have a contact name at the airport in case Angel has problems.

So if you are sponsoring your spouse, I don't know about SkyService, but I wouldn't take my chances on trying to bring them here through Air TransAT...only other choice AA.