Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow International Shipping

Hello All,

I'm sure this is a topic that has been broached many times but when I search I cannot find a pertinent thread.
    Can anyone recommend a business in Santo Domingo through which I can order items from amazon.com in the U.S.?
    I am looking for a business that has a strong website presence.

To illustrate, let me give an example of a weak one. On Duarte, San Carlos, Sto. Dom., is a new business LogiPaq. The front of the business advertises an amazon.com logo. However, upon investigating their website, logicpaq.com I find that the Contact information has no phone contacts; email only. When I try to register based on my location in the D.R. I am asked for my Cedula. On the same page there is no option to choose the U.S. Therefore, it seems impossible to register unless I am a Dominican national. Further, upon reading FAQ's, not a word of mention about amazon.com Needless to say, this site is a "no go."

Can anyone recommend a strong website/business?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

for starters...........

http://vimenpaq.com.do/

http://encargopaq.com/

These two are probably not the cheapest. I am sure others will post less expensive options.

Moderator 🀑 Clown Bin
    Post Thanks / Like

BMCargo

EPS

Asking for your "cedula" is normal, if you do not have one, they will probably want a copy of your passport.

EPS wants a credit card I believe, BMCargo usually does not.
    Remember they must pay custom charges before they can get the package to you.

✨🀢✨ Season's Greetings βœ¨πŸŽ…βœ¨

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I second Vimenpaq. x years and counting, 100s of packages, never failed me once.

5. Likes bigbird, jinty05 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Me to, Vimenpaq. Great service.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas61 View Post
    Hello All,

I'm sure this is a topic that has been broached many times but when I search I cannot find a pertinent thread.
    Can anyone recommend a business in Santo Domingo through which I can order items from amazon.com in the U.S.?
    I am looking for a business that has a strong website presence.

To illustrate, let me give an example of a weak one. On Duarte, San Carlos, Sto. Dom., is a new business LogiPaq. The front of the business advertises an amazon.com logo. However, upon investigating their website, logicpaq.com I find that the Contact information has no phone contacts; email only. When I try to register based on my location in the D.R. I am asked for my Cedula. On the same page there is no option to choose the U.S. Therefore, it seems impossible to register unless I am a Dominican national. Further, upon reading FAQ's, not a word of mention about amazon.com Needless to say, this site is a "no go."

Can anyone recommend a strong website/business?
    EPS since 2003 always strong in Santo Domingo as well as in Bavaro*, but expensive.
    I prefer to pay more for quality then pay less for half ass work.

www.eps-int.com

No credit card needed, cedula or passport will suffice.

* Still miss Elizabeth, she was the queen of EPS Bavaro

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the reverse? Any DR ship companies to send a box of stuff to CAnada? No hurry, like the boat method.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my mom's address in the states and she received my replacement bank card. Twice she sent in via EPS and I didn't receive them (they were not activated and whoever took them didn't get anything). I believe it was because they were just envelopes. I told her the second time to put it in a small box but she sent it in an envelope and it never showed. I never had that problem with EPS when it was a box and I had packages shipped to Santo Domingo, Sosua and Santiago.
    As stated above there are cheaper options available now.

Post Thanks / Like

I happen to use CPS because it is 150 yards from my house... I also use BMS which is a little further away but is run by a friend. I used to use EPS, which gave good service but was very expensive.

I never noticed any real difference in "service" per se, but prices do vary.

That said, the most important thing is your convenience to get to the service.

In my case I use my Amazon acct, send the stuff to Miami and three days later I get emails that say "your stuff is here."

This is now really simple.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume that all packages leaving Miami from these courier companies arrive in the DR on the same cargo flight. So reliable customs clearance, time to your particular outpost and the final price seem to be the only major considerations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast