Dudu in Cabrera from Sosua?

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Any tours or best way to go on public transport bus, gua gua or publico?
Alternatively what would taxi cost be Rio San Juan to Dudu?

Last edited:

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
What's your budget? I go all the time but the options I would suggest would depend on what you want to spend.

Any tours or best way to go on public transport bus, gua gua or publico?
Alternatively what would taxi cost be Rio San Juan to Dudu?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
From Puerto Plata to Samana, Transportes Papagayo 1-829-376-8346 or 1-809-749-6415 leaves Puerto Plata Hospital at 6:30 am once a day for Sanchez and Samana and returns from Samana at 2 p.m. They stop in front of Janet's Cabarete and will stop anywhere in Cabarete/Sosua or along the way if you call them (Spanish speaking Salvador). No Web Site, cost approx. 350 RD. The other bus in the morning, Transporte El Canario, leaves at 6.00 am from Puerto Plata heading for Sanchez and Samana. 809-291-5594.
Transporte Las Terenas bus leaves Puerto Plata at 1.30 p.m. and passes Sosua half and hour later and Cabarete 45 minutes later. For Sosua and Cabarete you will have to stand in the main road and flag it down. Look for a bus with Puerto Plata-La Terrena in the window.
There may be another bus as well. Memory is fading.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Will be driving from Sosua.   Seems easy but any tips welcome.
Any suggestions on stops, maybe lunch place.   

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
If you're driving have breakfast in Sosua. Stop in playa caleton in rio san juan - its before the big beach. As soon as entering you can get a moto to take you there for 100rd - well worth it. Take in the beautiful beach and lunch there - swim in the calm, shallow crystal blue water. There is a little skinny old man there with a guitar. Pay him to sing you some Anthony Santos. Head to Dudu and wash off the salt water from the beach in the fresh water lagoon. Be prepared to freeze your ass off as the water is really cold. Heat back up/dry off lounging in the sun on a hammock. Bring more then 1 driver as you may be wiped out after a long day. I always find myself sleeping the whole way home. 

Will be driving from Sosua.   Seems easy but any tips welcome.
Any suggestions on stops, maybe lunch place.