Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dr Santiago Valenzuela Sosa

Does anyone have any experience with Dr Santiago Valenzuela Sosa Neueocirujano at Clinica Corazones Unidas or any other neurocirujano you would recommend.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob,
    Look on the residents site and call my surgeon.... oncological surgeon.
    Dr Bloise

Surely he'll have a suggestion.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes bob saunders liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My cardiologicist recommended Dr Valenzuela Sosa but he is in the capital and I would prefer to go to Santiago and I have a doctor recommended by HB's wife, Dr Andres Garcia at HOMS but always good to have several options because I believe in getting at least two opinions, especially if it might involve cutting me open.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    My cardiologicist recommended Dr Valenzuela Sosa but he is in the capital and I would prefer to go to Santiago and I have a doctor recommended by HB's wife, Dr Andres Garcia at HOMS but always good to have several options because I believe in getting at least two opinions, especially if it might involve cutting me open.
    In the DR... get at least 4 recommendations. WW seams to ALWAYS have something. No offense but with always having "something", makes me run another direction.

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem. I'm sure that others have some good suggestions but it really is up to you to go see the Doc. Ask questions and listen. Ask more questions.

This is a very personal situation. I wish you well. Sorry that I don't have a one off answer. Good Luck.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    In the DR... get at least 4 recommendations. WW seams to ALWAYS have something. No offense but with always having "something", makes me run another direction.

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem. I'm sure that others have some good suggestions but it really is up to you to go see the Doc. Ask questions and listen. Ask more questions.

This is a very personal situation. I wish you well. Sorry that I don't have a one off answer. Good Luck.
    I have no problem going to doctors. I have had a half dozen operations but prefer to have no more but I have a sore left shoulder getting progressively worse and there seems to be nerve issues involved. Years of using my body as a combination pry bar and torque wrench didn't help. iI have a reasonable understanding of Spanish but would prefer a doctor that can communicate in English so nothing is lost in translation. I have a another doctor at Union Medica picked out, a Dr Cesar A Jimenez Brea that speaks English and I will visit my wife's doctor, Dr Marte at Union Medica and ask who he recommends. Anyone have a recommendation feel free to give me a name.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunny Solar,
    The only thing I 'have going' here is that I have had recent surgery in RD to remove malignant lymph nodes after a melanoma discovery.
    Unfortunately, the medical community and I met.....

The oncologist informed me that there was nothing here to help me.
    I should seek care elsewhere.

Subsequent to that, one of our DR1 members died of his melanoma.

I went off island as fast as I could..... still kicking.

9. Likes bob saunders, Floridaborn liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

No English from my doctor Bob.
    You'd need a translator..... sorry.