After i130 & 864 stages we are finally onto a line for interview.....but how long?

Tt_er

Jan 30, 2016
After i130 & 864 stages we are finally onto a line for interview.....but how long?

Like the title reads, we are in what seems to be the last step, waiting for an interview date. When I asked the NVC office, 6033340700 #, they couldn't give an estimated time. I'm curious how do we get our date since we are in line? Do they say sometime in X month we can see you or is it just a date & we need to be there? And any way to estimate when we will get a date? Thanks for the help in advance!

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I believe the uscis.gov site has a link to waiting times. Not sure of the exact link. good luck.

Tt_er

Jan 30, 2016
Do you guys know if I need a police certificate during the interview? The appointment letter said I didn't need to be present but if I go with my wife, I am planning too, can I be part of the interview? I guess I don't understand why it said I didn't need to be present?

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Do you guys know if I need a police certificate during the interview? The appointment letter said I didn't need to be present but if I go with my wife, I am planning too, can I be part of the interview? I guess I don't understand why it said I didn't need to be present?

It is recommended that you be present. They'll interview both of you.You don't need to be present if you are experiencing hardships for travel.

Tt_er

Jan 30, 2016
Oh one last question, I'm not quite sure what fees we still have to pay? We found the medical to be $417, vac doesn't seem to cost anything, but I haven't found a fee during or after interview? Anything else I might be missing? Thx again!