Travel to the DR

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Hope someone can help....my wife and I are looking for a flight to Santo Domingo or La Romana.....we have left it to the last minute and can't find a flight because of the March break for the kids. We would be willing to leave from Detroit or Toronto,London (ontario)Windsor....we have looked but have'nt found any good deals.....any help would be much appreciated. A package into Boca Chica or Air only to any one of the two mentioned airports....we would be willing to fly into Peurto Plata....as we plan to go up to that area to visit a few of the DR1'ers. The cheapest I have found so far has been about 1,300.00 USD for both of us(total). Kinda steep when were used to paying about 400 CAD each....1,300.00 would work out to about 2,150.00 or about 1075.00 per person....we get A-I cheaper than that normally......10 days would be perfect.....or 7 would be ok...can't do the 2 weeks(unless we get one real fast) as we have left it too long, and are running into scheduling problems. We have to be back by the 23rd and can leave any time(we would need about two or three days to get things in order)Thank You very much for any help that anyone can provide....I've checked all the avenues I know.....not too familar with air only and packages out of the US. Are there Charters as well as domestic going to the Dr all the time??? I know there would be domestic, but some states don't go to the DR with charters and packages. Thanks Again!
Lisa & Doug
P.S. you could e-mail me or post here...I will check both often

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Hi there

I sent you an e-mail about a friend that may be able to help, but also on sunholidays.ca, they have a TO - La Romana for March 15-22 for $1433.40 inc tax for 2 tickets, so about $717 each, which is a little cheaper.

try www.sunholidays.ca and choose "flights only" option

Just checked another site, and they have a flight from the 15-22 available for $1377.40 for 2 people including tax.
try http://www.selloffvacations.com/air-only/index.htm

Good luck
Trina

Last edited:
DR almost Sold OUT

You might have some trouble Doug, it appears almost everything is sold out.
Trina's answer was right but the air only option presents a possible bumping if someone jumps into an AI after you book especially with Skyservice.
Check out those sites and all the dates available to SD and Romana.
Good Luck Buddy:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Hlywud

Can they do that? If you've paid for your vacation, they can't bump you for an AI, can they?

PS That's a great price, $299 return

It happens, bumping does occur, you really have to read the fine print. I have never experienced it but know of some who has with SV. They are owned by the tour company or its parent company and they look after their own interests(where they can make most $).
An the 299 price is good but it is US$ so figure about $485CDn plus depature tax = closs to $600 Canadian each.

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Try Bel Air Travel Toronto,they are showing flights to La Romana for $526.Canadian,leaving March 9th,and on March 10th to Santo Domingo for $469.