Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Meet the locals in their vibrant houses

"Houses are decorated in bright colours to represent the owner's goals in life."
    White homes represent freedom, yellow is money, blue is peace and pink is love."

The excerpt is taken from an article in the Mirror with the title "5 things you MUST see on a trip to the Dominican Republic"

Can someone expand on this.....first time I heard about the reasons for the color of homes in the DR....the article in general is weak on info...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/tr...mments-section

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

After being in Holland for 3-4 days I asked my daughter what she thought about everything.
    The first thing she said was that all the houses looked alike, it was also boring and the women were without culo.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The article I think was written not by a reporter, they are missing a lot as one person commented.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    After being in Holland for 3-4 days I asked my daughter what she thought about everything.
    The first thing she said was that all the houses looked alike, it was also boring and the women were without culo.
    ......one of the reasons I left The Netherlands in 1992.....

5. Likes frank recktenwald liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    ......one of the reasons I left The Netherlands in 1992.....
    Which one, that the houses look alike or no culo?

7. Likes cbmitch9 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...... Sounds good to me.........my house is yellow and white........smart person wrote that article.... now if I knew what the color of mi girl fren ment?.. she does run hot and cold, no color changes at that time???????????????Doc??????????

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Bosch View Post
    "Houses are decorated in bright colours to represent the owner's goals in life."
    White homes represent freedom, yellow is money, blue is peace and pink is love."

The excerpt is taken from an article in the Mirror with the title "5 things you MUST see on a trip to the Dominican Republic"

Can someone expand on this.....first time I heard about the reasons for the color of homes in the DR....the article in general is weak on info...

Very clever but the only reason for the color I can think of is, the cheapest or the one the business uses were they work.

10. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That must have been Almere ,  mean the houses porque nargas si hay..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Which one, that the houses look alike or no culo?
    ... I never look at houses.....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Bosch View Post

I read the article and it sounds more like an ad for Thompson Tours than anything else. I have never heard that explanation of the paint colors of a house in the DR. Perhaps that might be true in other Caribbean Nations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast