Many criminals on the run in the DR

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Experts estimate that 71 people (comprised of 33 Dominicans and 38 foreigners) who are believed to be residing in the Dominican Republic are on the run from United States’ Justice Department.

Some have escaped from US jails, while others have been arrest warrants for kidnapping and murder for hire. In addition, others are being sought for drug trafficking, fraud, multi-million dollar tax avoidance, rape, acts of sabotage and terrorism, among others.

The foreigners include Americans, Canadians, French, Spanish, Italians, Cubans who are US nationals, Venezuelans and Colombians.

Taking part in the search in the Dominican Republic are the FBI, DEA, Interpol as well as Dominican intelligence agencies and officials from the Migration Agency (DGM), at the request of the United States federal authorities.

According to information obtained by El Nacional newspaper, migration authorities and the intelligence agencies in the country have lists with the names and photographs of those being sought, although many of them are thought to have two or three passports with different names making identification of these individuals a difficult task. Included on the list are bankers, other professionals and ex-military personnel.

In order to locate them, Migration, the agencies and federal organizations are carrying out lightning raids in different parts of the country, with a special focus in tourist areas.

Last year, the Dominican authorities deported more than 90 foreigners; many of whom had been sought by their respective countries, while others had committed crimes here.

Source: DR1. Elnacional

Mar 2, 2017

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Last year, the Dominican authorities deported more than 90 foreigners; many of whom had been sought by their respective countries, while others had committed crimes here.

Mar 2, 2017

While would they deport them, if these foreigners commit crime in the DR ?

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
While would they deport them, if these foreigners commit crime in the DR ?

For low level thieves it's probably better just to repatriate the trash like the do in the U.S. When ever I see one of these dirty shady gringos on the street asking for money I always think " what is he wanted for".

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If you add in the large number of Dominicans who have served their time in US prisons and are dropped off at the airport it is scary. Anyone know if there is any kind of probation or watch system for these ex inmates? I am always careful of Dominicans I meet who speak perfect English and have returned home to the DR.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If you add in the large number of Dominicans who have served their time in US prisons and are dropped off at the airport it is scary. Anyone know if there is any kind of probation or watch system for these ex inmates? I am always careful of Dominicans I meet who speak perfect English and have returned home to the DR.

I don't the DR government really gives a sh*t about the deportees. I have met several here in Santiago.
Unfortunately most of the
one's I meet are in my neighborhood..... buying crack.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Totally agree.

My first question is "why were you deported?" The excuses are typical Dominican, they were a victim.

That said, for eight years I've employed a Dominican deportee who got popped (officially) for transferring chemical precursors for drug processors while working for the NYC Parks and Recreation Dept. driving and maintaining trucks & equipment. That's in his police report. And he is the epitome of an excellent loyal employee, a man who has admitted his mistakes and works hard to be a better man and father. I could not ask for more.

Sep 4, 2012

Some are taking from the airport straight to the DNCD headquarters at Maximo Gomez, those are the heavy hitters. For the most part, they do get released to the "wild," and hence the blossomness of crime rates in DR and specially Santo Domingo for the last 15 years.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Totally agree.

My first question is "why were you deported?" The excuses are typical Dominican, they were a victim.

That said, for eight years I've employed a Dominican deportee who got popped (officially) for transferring chemical precursors for drug processors while working for the NYC Parks and Recreation Dept. driving and maintaining trucks & equipment. That's in his police report. And he is the epitome of an excellent loyal employee, a man who has admitted his mistakes and works hard to be a better man and father. I could not ask for more.

That is a good story....everyone should be given a second chance...

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
Experts estimate that 71 people (comprised of 33 Dominicans and 38 foreigners)

Mar 2, 2017

always been like this, nothing new, DEA and Canadian RCMP was even installed on the North Coast for a while in the early 90ś to slow the trafficking scene.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

I believe they get a 4000dop, prepaid Uber Card with $50USD and dropped off on the Conde in CZ