Leaking Roof

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Good day,
We have an issue with the roof on a typical two story three bedroom house in Santo Domingo. The locals call it "filtracion" where water has penetrated the concrete and filtered down to the inside ceiling causing the paint to bubble and flake off. Part of the roof is apex style and some of it is flat, which would allow water to sit on the flat part and not run off.

My question is, what would be the best way to repair this? What type of waterproof barrier would be best to put over the flat areas to prevent this sort of thing from happening?

Thanks in advance...

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
The end-all fix is rubber. And they can add a slope to the flat part. More expensive then trying to fix cracks and coating, but it would be 100% fixed with rubber sheeting.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Photos would help some, to see the extent of the area. For fiberglass, concrete, and other materials I have used Marine Putty.
Yachtmaster, if you are a boat owner you know what I am talking about?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Spray on RUBBER Coating .. Bulletproof.. not sure if you can find qualified people to apply it down there ,or the cost .. but it works.. i think its expensive though.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
If it's a Bermuda roof  concrete just go buy special roof paint and paint it every 5-7 yrs just had mine done 150 buck for 5 gallons good stuff !  It works fine even on my flat spots were water tank is...