Glass Shower Door

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
(North Coast) Where's the best place to buy a glass shower door? It needs to be toughened glass meaning it wont shatter should there be an accident!

Many thanks

(it's not for me)!

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Santiago.  And get a frosted design so no water stains are noticeable.  Glass they provided was supposed to be the 'Toughened" kind but they were able to drill holes in it for hinges.  They have a guy on the north coast that will measure and install for you. If no one else comes up with their name I will look it up in my scattered piles of receipts.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there are few options in terms of the type of glass used. if you hit the glass hard enough some will crash into tiny cubes (kinda like car windows) and some will stay in roughly one piece, save for the hole. i forgot what are they called but the installer will explain it in more detail.

we had glass panels installed in our bathrooms by these guys (in puerto plata):
https://www.facebook.com/VEPCCA-Ventanales-Puertas-Cristales-223861450971284/

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
The glass should be tempered glass ...if you can drill it ...it's not tempered  if you want holes in it they have to be made before process! You pick hinges before  and give to glass supply maker with template. Tempered  glass is safety glass that breaks in 1000s of pieces instead of large sharp glass like machete size coming down on you and causing damage.. even your patio door should be tempered glass most aren't here.. 

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A friends kid nearly died while running in the house. Went right through a glass door and just made it to the hospital in the nick of time. Came close to bleeding to death. Tempered glass and be certain its what you are buying.