I never wanted to write this post

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear friends:

Our long time poster and great friend, Bushbaby, is currently in the Bournigal Clinic in Puerto Plata. He is not well, and I seriously doubt that he will surpass this crisis, I am so sorry to say. I visited him today and he recognized me and smiled and took my hand. we shared some moments and some memories. Prayers would be good about now.

On another, and even more sobering note: The incident of my visit awoke me to the fact that no matter how much you try to avoid it, you really have to have a prostate exam. Anything else is plain foolishness, as my dear wife (who is working at the Cancer Center at HOMS) drove home this morning. While my PSA numbers are very good, the old tactile exam is still the very best way to know for sure. So please, get it done. Dr. Chancho Estrella at the Unión Médica del Norte here is Santiago is the #1 guy for this...both my wife and my son agree on this...

Say prayers for Grahame, he not only needs them, he deserves them..

Sadly,

HB

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Sending positive thoughts to Grahame. He and Ginnie are the heart & soul of DR1.Hope all his golf buddies are checking in on him.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Self-care

I am so guilty for no longer doing BSE's, and I urge everyone to take responsibility for self-exams, female or male.

Sending white light and best wishes for a refuah sh'leimah.

Aug 21, 2007
I cannot imagine the DR without Graham. He (and Ginny) were the anchors of the ex-pats beginning years ago when there were not so many of us here. They taught us how to live in this country, how to keep our sense of humor, and how to fit in.

Graham, I wish you all the best, whatever that may be. Know that you are loved.

Lindsey

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Dear friends:

Our long time poster and great friend, Bushbaby, is currently in the Bournigal Clinic in Puerto Plata. He is not well, and I seriously doubt that he will surpass this crisis, I am so sorry to say. I visited him today and he recognized me and smiled and took my hand. we shared some moments and some memories. Prayers would be good about now.

On another, and even more sobering note: The incident of my visit awoke me to the fact that no matter how much you try to avoid it, you really have to have a prostate exam. Anything else is plain foolishness, as my dear wife (who is working at the Cancer Center at HOMS) drove home this morning. While my PSA numbers are very good, the old tactile exam is still the very best way to know for sure. So please, get it done. Dr. Chancho Estrella at the Unión Médica del Norte here is Santiago is the #1 guy for this...both my wife and my son agree on this...

Say prayers for Grahame, he not only needs them, he deserves them..

Sadly,

HB

Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to all. You are so right about getting preventative exams of any kind. If you are over 50 years old and not seeing a doctor yearly, preferably every 6 months , than you are playing with fire. Vitals, such as, blood pressure, blood sugar levels, chloestrorol levels in relation to your weight and overall blood work are necessary to insure your overall health remains strong. If you are not seeing a physician than you might as well spin the wheel and take your chances. Don't be a statistic. Get pro-active about your health.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
am so sorry to hear this......he was always helpful.

Prostate issues affect ALL males.... not always fatal, but ever present.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to all. You are so right about getting preventative exams of any kind. If you are over 50 years old and not seeing a doctor yearly, preferably every 6 months , than you are playing with fire. Vitals, such as, blood pressure, blood sugar levels, chloestrorol levels in relation to your weight and overall blood work are necessary to insure your overall health remains strong. If you are not seeing a physician than you might as well spin the wheel and take your chances. Don't be a statistic. Get pro-active about your health.

very true, LT. the great part is that it is so easy, and so cheap. i go to Centro Medico Hernandez every two weeks, just to have them check my blood pressure. they charge me 100 pesos. a freaking Presidente!! i schedule my regular appointments with my doc, get the odd EKG, etc, and it costs pennies. come on, guys. give up the booze and the broads for one week, and let them look you over..

you too, ladies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
am so sorry to hear this......he was always helpful.

Prostate issues affect ALL males.... not always fatal, but ever present.

i am so sad to hear this, because i had my prostate removed at CentroMedico Bournigal, and the biopsy came back as being benign. i am sorry this gentleman did not have my luck..

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Such sad news. Our thoughts are with him. Like so many others here he and Ginny helped us get started here 13 years ago.

Bob K

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
So sorry to hear. He was (and Ginny) so supportive and such good 'people' when I first arrived here. I can't imagine the DR without his presence. Positive thoughts and prayers to you, Grahame, you are one of a kind.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear GWB is not doing well. I spoke with him a couple of times, when Lambada was with us. Great folks!

Joseíto