VIVA 4G LTE 4 x 4

Feb 7, 2007
Good for them. Some more competition is needed to revive the sleeping dinosaurs. Orange and Claro duopoly had been stuck without bringing anything new to the market for the past 2-3 years. When Centennial turned into Viva they made waves and the amrket changed, then Viva went into sleep mode and the dinosaurs went to sleep as well. And Tricom being purchased by Altice and its subsequent virtual merger with Orange did not help the things either.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Here's hoping that they do well. I am getting gray hair waiting for decent TV/internet/Phone service where I now live.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Here's hoping that they do well. I am getting gray hair waiting for decent TV/internet/Phone service where I now live.

Im waitting for the same thing, Tricom keep increasing mothly fee as Orange do, Claro doesnt do nothing if others companies push them to do it. Calls to USA and PR as local calls we have it thanks to Centennial now Viva, So lets hope that this new Jump in Techonlogy of VIVA from last place to the 1st. place make other react as Rubio Higuey said.

Feb 7, 2007
Claro actually just brought out new Smart plans for mobiles, you can get 1000 minutes and 5 GB Internet plus unlimited Claro calls and 1000 messages for 2250 pesos plus tax. That's what I pay on my business account with Orange but its only 1000 minutes and 5 GB data, no unlimited Orange calls nor any text messages. I am considering switching to CLARO if they can offer the same rates on the business plan as they offer on their new personal Smart plans.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I switched to one of the new Infinito plans with unlimited internet from VIVA and I'm very happy with the speed, my test on LTE I have an average of 45/50 mbps sometimes 64 mbpd and 81mbps, and using 3G I got 15 Mbps downloads with full signal, in places with 1 single bar of signal I can make calls and also text on whatsapp. Im using iphone 6S plus.

Feb 7, 2007
Let's test it and then report after how many GB consumed they degrade you speed. Would be interesting to know.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
My plan has 9 Gb, after I use it they will degrade my speed to 384 kbps. I used already 80% of my 9 GB

It seems to me that the paqueticos pre-pago are a better deal, if you can live with just calling to the same company mobile numbers. However, you could also just make calls with Whatsupp or Messenger.

For example, Altice you get 7GB for 5 day paqueticos with a bono for calls illimitado to Altice mobile numbers.

Claro is a 5 day with 5GB and Viva has a 7 day one that they claim is illimitado navigation, but I read that after 4GB-they downgrade.

All of these pre-paid plans cost about 700-800 per month, if you add up all the 5 day packets over 30 days.

The post paid planes just don't seem to add up-unless you absolutely need a plan to make calls to various phone numbers-both mobile and landline no matter the company.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
It seems to me that the paqueticos pre-pago are a better deal, if you can live with just calling to the same company mobile numbers. However, you could also just make calls with Whatsupp or Messenger.

For example, Altice you get 7GB for 5 day paqueticos with a bono for calls illimitado to Altice mobile numbers.

Claro is a 5 day with 5GB and Viva has a 7 day one that they claim is illimitado navigation, but I read that after 4GB-they downgrade.

All of these pre-paid plans cost about 700-800 per month, if you add up all the 5 day packets over 30 days.

The post paid planes just don't seem to add up-unless you absolutely need a plan to make calls to various phone numbers-both mobile and landline no matter the company.

I have an Hibrid plan Infinito with 3Gb plus a bonus of 6Gb, after spend my 9 Gb degraded to 384 kbps withc is very good speed and its stable, unlimited calls within VIVA's Network and unlimited SMS, Rollover of the GB not used to the next month, a plus form VIVA is that calls outside network has the same price, 5.52 pesos tax included. The paln mothly fee is 775.00 pesos.

The Hibrid plans works like prepaid services but with some benefices, I can cancell anytime I want, The price per minute on prepaid plans is like 8.00 pesos per minute and my plan is 5.52 pesos.

I always top it with 100.00 pesos for emergency calls aoutside of network, call most of the time with Whatsapp, and to call USA for free using the internet I use Hangouts wich works very very well. So far in the last 2 months I have spend calling outside network 50.00 pesos of my balance.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Does anyone have the updated frequencies/bands for VIVA 2G, 3g & 4g/LTE - (They should post it on their website).

I am going to order a new unlocked phone and pick it up in Florida but I want it to work on all the carriers so I can switch (Don't say Apple, I am not that kind of "man").

I am thinking either a Google Pixel 2, OnePlus 5T, Samsung S8 or HTC U11

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Does anyone have the updated frequencies/bands for VIVA 2G, 3g & 4g/LTE - (They should post it on their website).

I am going to order a new unlocked phone and pick it up in Florida but I want it to work on all the carriers so I can switch (Don't say Apple, I am not that kind of "man").

I am thinking either a Google Pixel 2, OnePlus 5T, Samsung S8 or HTC U11

2G/3G Band 1900
4G/LTE Bands (4) 1700/2100

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
2G/3G Band 1900
4G/LTE Bands (4) 1700/2100

Are the not using a UTMS or HSPA frequency for 3G like 850 or 900 ? The 1900 frequency is typically not shared for 2G & 3G

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Riva, do you (or anyone else) know the location of the main Viva office in SD?  Someone said it might be somewhere on Churchill?  We need to reactivate our TV boxes and they said we have to go to main office, but unbelievably all they know is “Santo Domingo “