Looking for a dog

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We're looking for a young, spayed female, preferably a rottie. Not a puppy.

We have an older female rottie and a very territorial male viralata, so can't be another male.

Lots of room to run.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
AE,  first of all, good luck :)

I am guessing it shouldnt be too hard to find as, in my experience, dominican dog "owners" are not very female orientated ( idk why ). 
In the campo, rottie-type dogs are quite common, in fincas and such. 
I wont propose to help out as we are on opposite sides of the island. :(

I went through the local goverment vet thingy people ( every campo has them, they vaccinate cattle, help with births.......and so on ) to put the word out. In a few days I had lots of "invitations" to go and see dogs and pups.
Sadly, $ are involved ( i am not very keen on buying dogs, idk why, something disturbs me deep down ), but in both cases I can garantee I was doing the dogs a favour..... :( :( :( :(.  Well, when I say $, its peanuts, in my case ( 5k pesos for a year old male rottie, 5 years ago and in the other case, 3k pesos for a rottie/pincher male pup, nephew of my rottie, a year or 2 ago ).

As for a female due to the " territorial male ", a pup would solve that problem, i think. My 5 male dogs get along quite well....... most of the time ;).
And 3 of them are " top" dogs.... they just have to learn to live togother ( and not forget who the real pack leader is !!........ me......well, ok co-CEO with  y wife ;) )

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
please contact Dee Morrison (find her on Facebook) She will find you the perfect Female. She does not charge you any money, if you like to donate for her rescue mission it is welcome, but not a requirement. Her focus is find good homes for the dogs.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Judy Liggio at Judy's Pet Lodge, has been in biz for more than 20 years.

Although you could take my 17-yr old Maltese-mutt off my hands in a Manhattan minute