WBC Channel

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can anyone tell me what channel is carrying the games? Not the channel#, because that changes with provider.

We have Viva satellite TV, and can't find it. We want to watch tonight's game.

Is it on regular Dominican TV too? We have a TV in a guest room that's just connected to an antenna

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
When I had Claro TV it was easier to clarify because they had a program guide feature. I now have Aster TV, and they don't have that feature with their regular box, so it's sometimes a roll of the dice at game time for me. ESPN Deportes is the "official" carrier of the games in conjunction with MLB Network. ESPN Deportes would give you the actual broadcast, while CDN Deportes would provide the same live time video with a local Dominican voiceover. Hope that helps a bit.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
No help, we dont get CDN at all, and although we have 3 ESPN channels, they're all showing golf, basketball and soccer. Looks like we're out of luck, will try the antenna TV at 9, maybe we'll get a surprise

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Try scrolling through your channels. One of them MUST have it. For me here in San Pedro, it's CDN Sports Max (CDN 2). I know you don't get that channel, but one of the other local ones WILL have it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Try scrolling through your channels. One of them MUST have it. For me here in San Pedro, it's CDN Sports Max (CDN 2). I know you don't get that channel, but one of the other local ones WILL have it.

Nope, checked every channel.

We're in the campo, no TV at colmados, just loud music.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Dominican team lost 3-1 last night.

Is that it?
Are they out of the tournament?

No, they are not out. They are in a 4 team group that plays a round robin. The top 2 teams in the group advance to the semi-finals. At that point it is win or go home. But for now it is not a one game elimination.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
In the campo. Check. Not covered by your cable provider. Check. Local colmado, no tv. Check. Drastic times, call for drastic measures. Break out the radio, and beverage of choice.