Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Bank account for non Dominican

I have read that opening a bank account requires a reference letter from you home bank , wondering what kind of information should be included in the reference letter ?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Try this thread as to requirements.

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php...ficult-to-open

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The requirements vary from bank to bank. FATCA has made things more difficult as well as the recent crackdown on tourists overstaying their tourist card. From what I've heard, Banco Santa Cruz is one of the easiest ones to open an account with. Go to one of their branch offices and check with them.

4. Likes SosuaEnVivo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    The requirements vary from bank to bank. FATCA has made things more difficult as well as the recent crackdown on tourists overstaying their tourist card. From what I've heard, Banco Santa Cruz is one of the easiest ones to open an account with. Go to one of their branch offices and check with them.
    As one who had an account there, the Banco Santa Cruz has perhaps the worst customer service I have ever encountered in this country. And that's quite an accomplishment. I gave it a year and closed it.

6. Likes Harleysrock, robbiee liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Funny yesterday i was in a jam and needed to change a 100usd bill for either 50s or 20s. I tried 2 banks and they were too busy texting Fausto and Belkis, and game me the no puedo. It was recommended Santa Cruz, they also had the same no puedo. Nobody here provides customer service. Best thing is to expect **** and you may only get crap.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I opened one with Banco Popular.  It was a nightmare.  They kept adding documents.  I ended up supplying the following documents.

1.  My Passport
    2.  Letter of reference from my US bank
    3.  Letter of reference from my employer
    4.  Letter of reference from a current Banco Popular personal banking client
    5.  Letter of reference from a current Banco Popular business client

I THINK that is all.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the bank and thrn differs from day to day and person to person.  If you do not have residency dont bother trying scotia or Popular. Those both took me multiple months to get accounts.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true that it differs from bank to bank. With Banco Popular I was told referring letter from existing customer, letter from employers, passport, bank statements from home country. When i tried they wanted more, so I tried another branch which they then told me to simply translate my employment letter, which I done and that was it. Since then I have an account with ban reservas which was the easiest, also my first account was banco Leon. I didn't need anything special other than my passport and an existing customer with me for ban reservas and Banco León. I would advise asking within the branches first, get a list of what you'll need, and then try with all the necessary documents. If your turned away once your there simply keep trying different branches. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

BHD required a long list but they accepted my laat years income tax return, my passport and I showed them my internet acct with the RBC in Canada. Acct opened.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dinosinc View Post
    I have read that opening a bank account requires a reference letter from you home bank , wondering what kind of information should be included in the reference letter ?
    I opened bank account here and the only "LETTER"(s) they made mention of
    were M O N E Y and how much of it I would be deposting in to the account every week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast