Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Auto Insurance Recommendations

A few years ago, I remember reading a thread where people where talking about which Auto Insurance Companies were more likely to pay on claims. I have searched and searched for it but can't find it. Maybe my memory is bad and it wasn't actually here in this forum. But the question is - What Auto Insurance to you recommend? Particularly I am interested to learn from people who have had good experiences when having to make a claim.

Thanks!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Mapfre have a reasonably good reputation here.  They are a Spanish based company and extend coverage to many Latin Am countries.

If you want full cover they will evaluate your vehicle before underwriting it.  You can decide on how much to want to insure it for and how much the deductible will be.

Provided you abide by the terms of the insurance, they will honor the claim without quibble.

They are not the cheapest though.

3. Likes KateP liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bennymack View Post
    A few years ago, I remember reading a thread where people where talking about which Auto Insurance Companies were more likely to pay on claims. I have searched and searched for it but can't find it. Maybe my memory is bad and it wasn't actually here in this forum.
    your memory is good
    last year:
    http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php...-Car-Insurance

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had insurance with Banesco, Universal, Mapfre... I honestly wouldn't be able to confirm their claim's response as I have been a perfect client from them reporting no claims in over 4 years. I have no doubt that my claims would be answered anywhere as most are reputable companies and I handle my insurance through and insurance broker that has contacts in these companies and they answer to him.

The coverage of Banesco is great for the price that they give, they just started about 3-4 years ago and their prices beat the others. Most of my colleagues have Insurance with Seguros BanReservas which is extremely reputable as well. Mapfre & Universal are good. All in all, based on recommendations and price/coverage I would go with either Banesco or Seguros BanReservas.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used General de Seguros, Colonial, Universal, Mapfre and BanReservas.

Mapfre was by far the worse I have ever used. After two years of fighting with them and countless emails, they will never see another cent of my money.

Universal is very good, Colonial is not as good as it used to be. I have had BanReservas for the last 5 years.

When all is said it done, the agent you use to handle your insurance is just as important (if not more) that the insurance company you use. That's the person who gets things done.
    Last edited by JDJones; 03-17-2017 at 01:49 PM.

7. Likes cavok, jinty05 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for finding it!
    Memory...good, my search skills...not so
    Thanks!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

we have had insurance with colonial, for most of our cars, i think. i never had anything more than scratches or small cheap fixes paid out of own pocket because the costs would be few hundred pesos.
    miesposo had three small accidents in all those years and the insurance paid all but deductible. the biggest issue was always waiting time since they insisted on using original parts and so on. but we have two cars so it was not much of a bother.

10. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Also keep in mind the 'casa de conductor" component. Many Seguros companies had disagreements with them so they joined forces and created their own version 'Ban reservas" for one. Unfortunately I had to use it and it was no different than the usual DR cluster ****. IMO, I would stick to the ones who still use 'casa de conductor".

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a helpful thread. Thanks everyone who shared.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Give this lady a call. We have been with her for 10 years. Wonderful lady and good coverage.
    Jeannette, email [email protected], phone 809.757.0851

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast