Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

YouTube is full of videos of opening a can with spoons even bare hands..................

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    YouTube is full of videos of opening a can with spoons even bare hands..................
    Yes and even Rocks and cement will work, but that is not practical for the Kitchen now is it ..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what we had in the house.

Yep. Still do!!!!!!!!

Attachment 2596
    my Canadian friend has one of those. he told his live in woman to use it instead of a knife, and she told him that she did not know how, because she had never seen one before.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    To be honest , those Electric Can openers are quite disgusting . esp if they are mounted on the wall.. take a good look at yours if you have one hanging for years . So I tried to wash mine once with Water and Bleach.. was very careful.. but somehow water got inside. Yup,, damn thing started to smoke and almost caught fire . It immediately went in the garbage, and never used one again.. Have 3 nice hand operated ones now .
    imo , Hand can openers are def the way to go.. Little bit of exercise and you can rinse it off after every use, and then throw it in some Bleach water of the dishwasher periodically..
    to my way of thinking, the electric can opener is emblematic of the American mind. everything has to be taken to ridiculous excesses. i have a can opener i bought in La Sirena for 400 pesos. yup..less than 10 bucks. it opens cans like cuting butter. why anyone would need to find a way to make something better is a bewilderment.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Yes and even Rocks and cement will work, but that is not practical for the Kitchen now is it ..
    A spoon would suffice.

lol

Try telling that to a Dominican lady with fancy nails.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

A spoon would suffice.

lol

Try telling that to a Dominican lady with fancy nails.
    The funny thing is , they are always in such a RUSH to open those cans.. even if the Recipe does not Call for the ingredient until minutes later .. Like condensed milk, or olives, whatever . that can will be sitting there Open, when they could have just asked " hey can you open that for me"
    I dont get it . cant figure it out ..
    I guess they dont want us men anywhere NEAR " their" Kitchen while they doing their thing ..

7. Likes Bronxboy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I brought down a couple P38s. Better than a knife but too easy to lose even with leash on it. Lasted about four months.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Behold the carnage!

10. Likes mofongoloco, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Serious damage PeterĀ 

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112