Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The small $10,000 lot next to the Haitian shanty already sold and they have a crew digging the perimeter. I was talking to a local mason yesterday and he says he has more work than he can handle while complaining about how awful the Haitian work that's being done. He said he won't work with more than three other guys bc it gets too hard to maintain quality work. His work isn't great, but WAY better than the Haitian crews.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    The small $10,000 lot next to the Haitian shanty already sold and they have a crew digging the perimeter. I was talking to a local mason yesterday and he says he has more work than he can handle while complaining about how awful the Haitian work that's being done. He said he won't work with more than three other guys bc it gets too hard to maintain quality work. His work isn't great, but WAY better than the Haitian crews.
    $10,000 USD for a lot next to a Haitian shanty? Unbelievable! How many square feet?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe 1200. I think it will be a commercial build.

The street was dirt two years ago, but they finished a new bridge last year and paved our street. The other bridge is a real pinch point for traffic so now we have several hundred cars more a day pass by during rush hours. If you live between the two bridges like we do, the new bridge is much faster.

I see lots of corner lots that have never been developed. One close to us is around 4,000 sq ft and he wants RD$2 million for it. He'll get it sooner or later, but the meantime he's growing platinos and yucca on it and prob getting less than $1000/year out of it.

4. Likes cavok liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

1200 sq feet lot? for a commercial building? good lord, our living room is bigger than that.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a 25' x 48' living room?

The Chinese remodeled a supermarket just over the bridge last year for yet another mega 20 y 40 store. The market for cheap women's shoes seems to be bottomless. I wonder what will happen when they diversify their businesses.
    Last edited by PeterInBrat; 04-06-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

1200 sq ft is only about 112 sq meters, so yeah.

8. Likes malko liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I just talked to one of the guys on the site. I think he said it's going to be a short term warehouse. Maybe for receiving a container worth of products for local distribution. It's way out of square to fit the property line. Another place up the road is some kind of collection point for Presidente bottles. Five Haitian guys digging a trench for a week with shovels and mattocks. Beats having another bunch of shanties or shoebox apts.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    1200 sq ft is only about 112 sq meters, so yeah.
    Lol !!!  Was just thinking there wasnt going to be much space left after you put up tne walls..... casa de enanitos, perhaps ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234