Sosua International School at UN

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My daughter went there for 2 years in High School. She is an architect in NY now.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
My daughter went there for 2 years in High School. She is an architect in NY now.
. Very happy to hear that.... I always said the private schools in Rd are more strict and the kids are taught to respect the teachers and adults . Great news.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Any ideas what the fees are for junior school at ISS?  My twins are in Garden Kids.  I'm fairly happy, but there is room for improvement.  No complaints about the teachers, but the administration is appalling.  Too much of the typical Dominican ethos.  IE, make as much money as you can and pay the teachers a pittance.

ISS website doesn't publish their fees.  In fact it seems that most private schools don't publish their fees.  I wonder why?

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
rich white people live well in sosua? wow. what a surprise.

This is quite offensive coming from you! Also a moderator of the thread. We wonder why such negative and off topic comments take over threads and why people drop off this page. This is one of the reasons in my opinion! What does your opinion of white rich people have to do with young people doing well..... not sure?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Participation in the Model UN, at least the way it is run in the DR private schools, is entirely based on who can afford to attend their events and have US visas. It is not merit-based.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
whats wrong with some of these folks...... its a positive thread and yet some folks make it negative....

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
whats wrong with some of these folks...... its a positive thread and yet some folks make it negative....

They have been in DR to long and only see the bad... that's why a fresh set of eyes is so welcoming here.. 

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
IS was at about 8000 USD per year for grade 6. Garden Kids is fine. Who would not like a high school trip to the UN? What naysayers would that be? Loots of good things going on in Sosua.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Bravo!!!! I am confused though as to why they are holding St Kitts and Nevis signs? The photo doesn't fit the headline?

I was waiting for someone to point this out. The photo, I am sure is not an accurate depiction of the students from the ISS in Sosua. The young adults in the photo are far too "refined", well dressed, and good looking to be from Sosua; They exude money - none of them has ever spent a night sleeping in an airport. I think I'll move to St. Kitts.  

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
rich white people live well in sosua? wow. what a surprise.

hmm, spontaneously an interesting comment from someone who has the task to moderate the conversations I have to say. Surely this one must be off topic at the very least.

Last edited:

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
hmm, spontaneously an interesting comment from someone who has the task to moderate the conversations I have to say. Surely this one must be off topic at the very least.
Perhaps she meant that threads/conversations on DR1 about Sosua are limit to talk about one street only. Rich white folks don't live on that street.:ermm:
It is nice to hear this positive story about these students in Sosua.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
$8000 us  holley S. That is half a years salery ever for some people in the usa.

I spent less than that to get my BSEE and MSEE college degrees.

A trip to Useless Nations Building? Why not, at least it is in Nueva York.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Bravo!!!! I am confused though as to why they are holding St Kitts and Nevis signs? The photo doesn't fit the headline?

My understanding after reading the article is that the group was assigned St.Kitts and Nevis as part of the conference. Each group is assigned a country to represent, not necessarily their home country.