Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ....Interesting....I have brought some pairs of payless, back from USA.....from someones request......the quality was much better.....much cheaper, why doesnt USA ,DR, get together on this?................
    Interesting point and it is consistent with what I have seen. I notice when shopping most anywhere here in the DR that the Chinese imports are of a lower quality for the same style of merchandise, while the price is higher here than in the US. That is why I order almost everything on line and have it shipped here.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    DR and other countries might be good places to unload excess inventory too.
    Interesting that none of its foreign stores, including the DR, are identified as closing.

Perhaps the foreign stores are profitable.....or it's just easier to close them in the states/Puerto Rico from both a legal and financial perspective.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

I love Hillary!
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh the sultry and seductive shoes from Payless, my heart is racing.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    Interesting that none of its foreign stores, including the DR, are identified as closing.

Perhaps the foreign stores are profitable.....or it's just easier to close them in the states/Puerto Rico from both a legal and financial perspective.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    In my experience, I have always noticed that the foreign stores do not close, even during and after bankruptcy. Woolworths remained opened for years in the Caribbean after it was wiped off the map in the US. But who knows? That may change.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It's entirely possible you won't see any changes at all.

Some businesses merely license out their names to investors that are otherwise not at all related to the primary corporation. You see this happen all the time with car rental companies, for example.

So "Payless DR" may very well be doing fine and dandy, as it's independent of "Payless US."

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post

Some businesses merely license out their names to investors that are otherwise not at all related to the primary corporation. You see this happen all the time with car rental companies, for example.

So "Payless DR" may very well be doing fine and dandy, as it's independent of "Payless US."

Payless DR is a subsidiary of Payless shoes LTD, which ultimately (over 4 or 5 other conpany layers) links directly back to Payless Shoesource. Kind of like this: Payless Shoesource -> Payless Shoesource Worldwide -> PSS Holdings -> PSS -> PSS Latin America Holdings ->Payless CA Management LTD -> Payless Shoesource BVI Holdings -> Payless Shoesource de la Rep├║blica Dominicana S.A.

Yeah, kind of bored here.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

....read a big article in paper this morning(mpls, Minn.) ....about payless, the 400 stores to close are mostly in USA......they mean closed, shut down....4 were in minneapolis area......400 out of 4000, is I think pruning the dead wood.......Doc..........

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Was going to post that. Silver lining may be that the DR entity could keep using the name and not pay . . .lol. There used to be Tony Romas in colombia. They still have them but they are not official. They do not appear on the corp site and the food is not the same. In mexico they closed a bunch of Tony Romas and there is Texas Ribs, which has almost exact same menu including the beef ribs that most other rib joints don't do. My guess is they just stopped paying franchise fees and went it alone in both cases.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ....Interesting....I have brought some pairs of payless, back from USA.....from someones request......the quality was much better.....much cheaper, why doesnt USA ,DR, get together on this?................
    It is called all the traffic will bear!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast