National Empanada Day

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today is National Empanada Day, here's a nice article about the empanadas of Latin America.

Some of them look scrumptious. The ones they feature from DR are made from yuca dough, my hands down favorite. However, there is a Venezuelan couple selling theirs on our beach, made from corn flour dough, and they are SO good.

Enjoy. http://remezcla.com/lists/food/empanadas-of-latin-america/

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Interesting article. I love empanadas and they all look good enough to eat!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I love empanadas. Probably eat 4 or 5 a week. Great snack/ street food. 

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
A couple of well stuffed empanadas, a cold Bohemia, and a nice shady place on the beach with a good breeze to enjoy them. To ask for more would be sinful. Had some delicious meat and veggie stuffed empanadas at El Carey beach bar in Costambar awhile back. Always drop in there with friends when I'm in Costambar.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Had to laugh when I read the very beginning:

"Empanadas are one of the few foods that unite all of Latin America."

Few? Ooookkkkk

Spanish cuisine is present in more than just a few dishes through out the region, much of it modified due to climate and circumstance. In most Spanish American countries people think many of these dishes are local inventions (try explaining to an everyday Dominican that sancocho isn't a Dominican invention, neither is the asopao or the dulce de leche and a bunch of of other stuff that's actually from Spain and are present in every single Spanish American country.)

Other than that, it's a very good article that creates somewhat of a craving for... um... empanadas! lol

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Today is National Empanada Day, here's a nice article about the empanadas of Latin America.

Some of them look scrumptious. The ones they feature from DR are made from yuca dough, my hands down favorite. However, there is a Venezuelan couple selling theirs on our beach, made from corn flour dough, and they are SO good.

Enjoy. http://remezcla.com/lists/food/empanadas-of-latin-america/

Love Empanada's. They are like the sub, hoagie of Latin America. You can stuff it with anything tasty and it will work. Side order of tostones and you are set. UUUUUUuuuuummmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!