Taking a Shot........

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I realize the chances are slim to none, but..........

There's a dog we'd like to adopt in Cabarete. We thought it worth asking if anyone from up that way is driving to Santo Domingo in the next week or so, who would be willing to bring him down.......

We'd meet you anywhere.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Big dog, or little dog? If you can't find someone, Gaby is in POP and heading to SDQ the last day of April. Although I'd have to ask her, I'm sure she would if it's a small dog. Just let me know.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Big dog, or little dog? If you can't find someone, Gaby is in POP and heading to SDQ the last day of April. Although I'd have to ask her, I'm sure she would if it's a small dog. Just let me know.

Big dog, a rescue who's been living on a chain for a couple of years.

Thanks for trying though.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

There's a dog we'd like to adopt in Cabarete. We thought it worth asking if anyone from up that way is driving to Santo Domingo in the next week or so, who would be willing to bring him down.......

We'd meet you anywhere.

Is the dog at Judy's? or http://www.aaasosua.com/

Same thing run by same people that do great things.

Type/size/needs cage/info would be helpful.

Ty.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
A stranger Going for a Long Car ride with A man eating Rottweiler who has been on a Chain all his Life. Sounds wonderful..lol
but ,This is actually a Run i would gladly DO, just for the Adventure of it, if i were there.. With lots of dog treats , and many stops along the way so he can slurp up some water , and take care of business. .

Good luck with the Doggie AE, I hope someone does step up to help you out here.. sounds like a wonderful thing you are doing saving him.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Don't know. Was just told Cabarete. If I can't find a way to get him down here point is moot.

It's a two year old neutered Rottweiler.

With all due respect that you have earned. WT?.

You want a large dog that is known to be aggressively loyal to owner that has been on a chain for 2 years at a "home" that you know nothing about nor the care/treatment of that dog. Correct?

It's neutered. It's still a big dog and see above.

You don't have a transport cage lined up. (see Judy.)

Vet records? Personal visit by anyone to determine the dogs general health and temperament?

I know that you and hubby want an new dog. But you have NOT done your homework. Not like you at all.

Good Luck.

Saw Jd's post... kinda in line.

May 5, 2007
It's funny reading some of these threads, watching them morph on their own Just for my clarification. when did this Rottweiler become a "man-eater" or even aggressive?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

We'd meet you anywhere.

Am I missing something here? If you want the dog, drive up there and pick him up or if you don't have a vehicle, get a car and driver and get it done. Look at it this way. The amount of reward, pleasure and loyalty you will receive from your dog is worth the time and investment in the one day it will take.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
A stranger Going for a Long Car ride with A man eating Rottweiler who has been on a Chain all his Life. Sounds wonderful..lol
but ,This is actually a Run i would gladly DO, just for the Adventure of it,

You could pull a Mitt...stick it on the roof.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
hahaha

Mitt put the dog carrier on the roof..... empty,
the dog was in the car.

He has a summer home just down the beach from me on Lake Huron, Cdn side.
He grew up summers there and still comes every July

It made for a good story...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Harley and his wife were all set to bring him here, for which I will always be grateful. Unfortunately, when the rescue personnel called to make arrangements, the owners (who can't afford to feed the dog, plus kept him on a chain) decided now they want to sell him. She rightfully refused to pay them.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.