glass tabletop

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
Could you suggest a place to order a custom glass tabletop? Just a big rectangular piece of thick glass. If possible - near La Romana.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have no idea about what is available in La Romana, but i can tell you from experience that you want plate glass for a tabletop and you have to specify that the edges must be polished. Otherwise you might get a piece of glass with sharp edges that would be very dangerous.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They do them for shower stalls all the time.... beveled edge too.

This question is so simple I had refused to comment.
Any glass company has glass......

Shower stall, store entrance... a long list

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I think the OP is aware that he could find glass at a glass company, but his question was in the direction of where is there a glass company located? In San Pedro, a city of 200k, I have never seen, nor heard of one there. Storefronts, bars, discos and cabanas get their glass and mirrors from someone some place. Maybe the government has a monopoly on that as well.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think the OP is aware that he could find glass at a glass company, but his question was in the direction of where is there a glass company located? In San Pedro, a city of 200k, I have never seen, nor heard of one there. Storefronts, bars, discos and cabanas get their glass and mirrors from someone some place. Maybe the government has a monopoly on that as well.

What I would do is go to a new bar, disco, storefront, etc all and ask this question.
They have the best information, IMO

Boots on the ground gets answers, I find 

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
william webster, my boots don't speak Spanish and live in artificial environment of Casa de Campo :) Besides - I've learned that DR businesses neglect to use Internet. That's why I asked here. This is my ground, and I ask questions - as you suggested. sanpedrogringo is right on the point.

Matilda, do you know any of those companies as good people to deal with?

La Profe_1, indeed. Edges are important.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
william webster, my boots don't speak Spanish and live in artificial environment of Casa de Campo :) Besides - I've learned that DR businesses neglect to use Internet. That's why I asked here. This is my ground, and I ask questions - as you suggested. sanpedrogringo is right on the point.

Matilda, do you know any of those companies as good people to deal with?

La Profe_1, indeed. Edges are important.

No idea as I never lived in La Romana. But it's a start. Call them and ask for info or if you can't speak Spanish ask someone to call for you. Or go and visit them - they all have addresses.

Matilda