Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Carnapping...

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Carnapping...

    Just heard about what could become the latest bandito craze in DR.
    Has anyone else heard about this?
    A guy has stolen someone's car, and gained access to the owner's phone number/Whatsapp number. They are sending the owner voice WA messages with very serious physical threats and ransom demands. My second question; can the DR authorities gain access to the identity of the bandito and if so, would they try to apprehend him?
    This is both bizarre and very scary.

  2. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkDR View Post
    Just heard about what could become the latest bandito craze in DR.
    Has anyone else heard about this?
    A guy has stolen someone's car, and gained access to the owner's phone number/Whatsapp number. They are sending the owner voice WA messages with very serious physical threats and ransom demands. My second question; can the DR authorities gain access to the identity of the bandito and if so, would they try to apprehend him?
    This is both bizarre and very scary.
    Anything is possible but maybe you have been watching too many Bruce Willis movies lately? Seriously, that is why I would not own a new, expensive car in the DR. You are just making yourself a target.

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I heard the same thing told yesterday.

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    Anything is possible but maybe you have been watching too many Bruce Willis movies lately? Seriously, that is why I would not own a new, expensive car in the DR. You are just making yourself a target.
    CLARO!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have a serie of voice messages of a carnapper dealing with his victim and threatening him. Actually kind of hilarious if it wouldn't be infuriating. Let me see if I can upload them here. 

  6. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They not only gave phone numbers, but bank account number as well for the deposit.

    They were apprehended yesterday. A group of 7 men. Takes Darwin to a whole new level.

  7. Likes Mauricio, caribmike, drstock, Jaime809 liked this post
  8. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I heard the recording. The only way it could work is if the thief himself is a policeman or has the protection of someone untouchable.
    Moderator East Coast Forum


    www.DR1.com

  9. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    I heard the recording. The only way it could work is if the thief himself is a policeman or has the protection of someone untouchable.
    And the winner is......................................

  10. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So typical stupid. Only in the DR. Bank account. LMAO.

  11. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    They not only gave phone numbers, but bank account number as well for the deposit.

    They were apprehended yesterday. A group of 7 men. Takes Darwin to a whole new level.


    I'm searching for the news report on their arrest but only find this one, which doesn't seem the same case to me: http://hoy.com.do/siete-hombres-dete...an-operativos/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •