Dental Implants

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I have a friend in Ontario who was quoted a price of $15000 Cdn for implants. He is wondering if he can get a better price at a DR dental clinic. Any recommendations? Would be better If he can get it done on the North Coast, Puerto Plata, Sousa, Cabarete. Santiago would be second option and Santo Domingo third option. 

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend is just finishing....16-18 teeth 

He says about one third the cost here 
Cibao Dental Spa.

In Canada, that's about 10 implants huh?

Call or write me

Santiago seems to be loaded with dentist 

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
My friend is just finishing....16-18 teeth 

He says about one third the cost here 
Cibao Dental Spa.

In Canada, that's about 10 implants huh?

Call or write me

Santiago seems to be loaded with dentist 
Bill, thanks for the quick reply. May I give him your e-mail address?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It's close to the bus station, easy access.

Lots of visits, he may need to be here for awhile ....then lay low back in Canada
Then return.... but BIG savings....

Well worth it.....any insurance?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's close to the bus station, easy access.

Lots of visits, he may need to be here for awhile ....then lay low back in Canada
Then return.... but BIG savings....

Well worth it.....any insurance?
Didn't Robert (DR1) have extensive dental work done there, and documented the process on DR1?

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
I have never been on vacation in DR without meeting someone there that is having dental work done. They all say the same thing, they get a nice vacation, their dental work done and still save a good amount of money.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I had major work done, extractions, implants, root canal, bridges made and on it goes by Oscar Morel in Santiago. He is a real pro and very sanitary (one of my requirements). Speaks English. Across from Metro Bus Station in Santiago in the medical building. Has a website, just google his name. I was quoted $12000 US and he did my first go round for $4400 - about 6 years ago. I was also able to put it on my credit card and didn't have to pay all at once.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Eco,
This is all good stuff for your friend , reinforces the decision.

Thousands, he'll save... plus have some fun with you.
Most importantly, excellent work

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
This process requires a number of visits over a period of time. Unless you are in the country for a least 6 months I would not have it done in the DR. Pay the extra money and complete the process in Canada.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's a bit of scaremongering ,

There are a few appointments to start, then a long healing period the length of which is dictated by the health of the jawbone itself.
Then you lie fallow during the healing process.

As it finishes and the fitting/installation part starts, another flurry of appointments.

Very doable when you can come and visit a friend..... while saving a bundle.

I have just finished holding my friend's hand through all of this........
First for his upper teeth and now starting his lower.

First hand knowledge I offer here

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
It's worth the trip to Santiago from the north coast if you have the time. I had 2 implants done by Oscar Morel. Just perfect. Across the street from the Metro bus station.