Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbmitch9 View Post
    Yes.I have seen that before. Sometimes the bottle has caterpillars and other crap in it along with other pieces of tree bark, liquor, etc.. It doesn't taste all that bad.
    Hopefully it includes some Rum or Tequila in that secret formula, to make it wash down easier .

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    one day in summer, i left my front door open, to get some breeze. a tiny mouse ran into my apartment, and i had no idea where he went. i bought two of those glue sticks, hoping to trap him. after i had it in place for two days, i caught him. however, on the second trap was a centipede every bit as big as the one in the video. i made sure that gong forward i had glue traps across the entire width of the door.
    He must have been running away from the centipede!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    He must have been running away from the centipede!
    darn right. it makes sense. the centipede thought he had him cornered, until he ran up against the pega..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInBrat View Post
    They guy put it in a soda bottle to sell. They are used for some kind of local medicine, but I didn't understand enough of the details. I tried to take another video with close ups, but I was too scared of the damn thing.
    Have seen them in Panama putting spiders and alcohol in a bottle and using that as antidote against bites maybe they do that the same way in the DR with centipedes.
    The first night in BC when I moved there I woke up and one was crawling over me, I slapped it off before knowing what it was discovering it was one of those monsters when I turned on the lights. He found out not to mess with a Neanderthal man.
    One afternoon having some "spirits" in the backyard of a Dominican friend of mine, there was a big one on the wall, he grabbed with a barbecue fork and fed it to his chickens, they picked the hell out of it and ate it, they love it said my buddy and they did.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Frank, you must have some Tiguere Chickens ... cuz another feller here just said before that his Chickens know well enough to stay far away from these things ..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Frank, you must have some Tiguere Chickens ... cuz another feller here just said before that his Chickens know well enough to stay far away from these things ..
    Well these were chickens of the kind where the roosters are used for cockfights maybe that might be it but these chickens love the centipede I can tell you that much.

7. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

you have to deliver a blow which covers the entire body, like dropping a brick on it. i saw a guy step on one in La Vga, and the bitey end had enough length to get him in the sandals.
    ...Had one like that under a kitchen cabinet last winter....tried to kill will a stick, no work.... got the machete, cut his head off, thinking now I got him.....It walked around most of the day that way until the ants got him, very tough .......Doc.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ...Had one like that under a kitchen cabinet last winter....tried to kill will a stick, no work.... got the machete, cut his head off, thinking now I got him.....It walked around most of the day that way until the ants got him, very tough .......Doc.....
    if you simply cut him in two, the business end can still get you. it does not need the rest of the legs...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

you have to deliver a blow which covers the entire body, like dropping a brick on it. i saw a guy step on one in La Vga, and the bitey end had enough length to get him in the sandals.
    your a funny cat bro.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    your a funny cat bro.....
    why is that? i am just giving guys a heads up. if you step on those things in sandals, or flip flops, the result could be ugly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast