Duplicate Certificates

N. Tolland

Mar 6, 2002
Can someone tell me how I can get a duplicate Marriage Certificate. We got married in Juan Dolio in 1996 and have lost our original.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
If you have a photocopy of the certificate, go to the same "Oficial?a de Estado Civil" (government offices in charge of birth, marriage and death certificates) that issued it with the photocopy (I think there is only one in Juan Dolio) and you will obtain a new certified copy pretty quickly. If you don't have a photocopy, then you should go to the Oficial?a, give them your names and date of marriage and they'll do a search and issue you a new certified copy. If you cannot come down to do it yourself, you'll have to have a friend or a lawyer do it for you.

N. Tolland

Mar 6, 2002
Marriage Certificate

Thanks for your reply. However, we live in Scotland and don't have anybody to go to Offices in San Pedro/Juan Dolio. Is there any way we can confer by post or e-mail. We do hold a photocopy of our Marriage Certificate.

lesleyal

Nov 15, 2006
replacement certificate

my partner was married in the DR in 1997. He wants to start divorce proceedings but neither of them has the marriage certificate, they did not register the marriage in the uk either. He knows the date of marriage but not the exact location. We have a wedding booked for next May so we are running out of options and time. Can anyone please help.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
He should remember at least the date and where he got married: Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, Samana, Boca Chica, Punta Cana? If it was in Santo Domingo, the search could be expensive because of the many registries that have to be searched. If in Puerto Plata, etc. the search would be much easier.