Caribe Tours Santo Doming to Cabrera

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Will my suitcases be safe stored in the luggage rack under the bus?
What is the fare from Santo Doming to Cabrera?
Is there a discount for a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old?
Thank you so much! My family will be making this trim this summer.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Will my suitcases be safe stored in the luggage rack under the bus?
What is the fare from Santo Doming to Cabrera?
Is there a discount for a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old?

Do an on-line search on the Caribe website. It will give you all the info.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Do an on-line search on the Caribe website. It will give you all the info.

sometimes some people aren't as computer savvy as others,,,,,,,,,,,, so easy to say Google it but that really doesn't help a person.

OP, the cost is 350 pesos. There is no discount for children. You pay for the seat. If the child sits on your lap there will be no charge. If the bus is not full than the child will have a seat but that is a chance you take.

Here is the website you can browse to find the bus schedule.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/site/portada/

You should have no problem with your luggage under the bus as Caribe Tours will give you a claim ticket.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just paid 330 pesos on Saturday... so The Bird is close at 350.

Get the Express Bus through Nagua for faster service..... the new Autopista.

Don't know the schedule from SDQ..... surely an afternoon bus.

As for safe storagr... I ship my meat in a cooler from my SD butcher....
and it arrives safely.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
sometimes some people aren't as computer savvy as others,,,

"Give a man a fish......teach a man to fish..."

I betcha our friend found the website but was thrown off by the unilingual Spanish offerings and the not so intuitive navigation layout. Next lesson, how to cut & paste text into Google translate or use a browser that offers translating functionality.

pmey27, as to your luggage, sometimes out of Santo Domingo, I have been given a luggage claim tag but not always. Best to note which compartment your luggage is placed into and get a window seat on the right side of the bus about 2/3 of way back so that you can watch the chaotic luggage claim process unfold at the various stops. Just like at an airport, it is not difficult for someone to grab a similar looking suitcase by mistake or a would be thief to reach in and grab a random bag. If you place stuff under the bus, it's a good idea to watch and make sure it stays there.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
"Give a man a fish......teach a man to fish..."

I betcha our friend found the website but was thrown off by the unilingual Spanish offerings and the not so intuitive navigation layout. Next lesson, how to cut & paste text into Google translate or use a browser that offers translating functionality......

No matter how technologically advanced we get nothing compares to a personal reply from someone who has been there and done that. A Google searche won't give answers on luggage safety, Caribe Tours website would be quite tricky to navigate to fine the fare for children.

I thought DR1 was a message board to give personal replies NOT one to tell someone go search the web.

So if a man is hungry you feed him fish. When the time is right you teach him to fish.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
So Willy, does the Express bus stop at the Toll Road Entrance?

Yes, you just ask .... but the fare is the same.

It was my driver who took the trip.
I overnighted in SD doing my Citizenship application.
He met me , dropped me at the airport and took the car back.

The express was less than 3 hrs to the drop off at the Caribe Tours depot at the end of the toll road

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I thought DR1 was a message board to give personal replies NOT one to tell someone go search the web.

Of course, we all need help from time to time. Here in the DR if one plans to venture away from an AI it is vitally important to develop the basic skills necessary to procure information. The OP has been a user of DR1 since 2006 - that's like 11 years to you and me. If one has been reading this site, visiting this country off and on and using a computer for 11 years, they should by now be skilled enough to figure out that the bus they are interested in catching leaves every couple of hours from SD and costs $RD350.

The question about luggage security is in my opinion quite valid and not something one can easily answer without the first hand experiences of someone else. I'm tickled that there are still people who do not mind answering the most basic of inquiries. I used to do that too. Now when someone poses a question that I can look up for myself in less time than it took to write the question, I try to point out to that person that it is a more productive and beneficial use of their time to get the answer for themselves rather than just typing the question and relying on someone else to do the basic research.

No swipe at you personally, anyone else who replied, or even the OP. I'm savvy enough to know when someone has hit the all too frequent DR information brick wall and when they are just taking the shortest and easiest route from question to answer. Trying and failing before asking for help is admirable and teaches us something in the process - Time and again relying on the good graces of others so that we do not have to make the effort ourselves, not so much. This country does not always make things easy for foreigners. If you wish to thrive in this country as a resident or a tourist, you need to be prepared and able to take some initiative on your own. This country does not coddle to the same degree those from afar who are used to calling 411 for all of life's conundrums. In the end, everyone is free to respond to questions as they see fit and my way of thinking is not necessarily the only valid view point. If an easily searched question can foster a meaningful discussion and bring about a teaching moment for the individual, the respondents and this forum all the better.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
all that above jibberish you could have answered the OP's questions one hundred times.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Cdn Gringo....yes I have been a member 11 yrs. How observant of you. I have never taken the bus from the Capital to Cabrera and yes I did see the website where nothing was mentioned re fare price for child or baggage security. I spend 8 weeks every summer in the Dom Rep and other vacations as well during the yr. I have been doing this for many yrs. I was simply asking a few questions!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
pmey27,

I hear you. I read what you said and I even answered you about your luggage. My other comments were not directed to you and because they now detract from this thread, have been taken to Private Mail so as not to obscure any other relevant info people may wish to pass on to you.

Enjoy your stay this summer.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Of course, we all need help from time to time. Here in the DR if one plans to venture away from an AI it is vitally important to develop the basic skills necessary to procure information. The OP has been a user of DR1 since 2006 - that's like 11 years to you and me. If one has been reading this site, visiting this country off and on and using a computer for 11 years, they should by now be skilled enough to figure out that the bus they are interested in catching leaves every couple of hours from SD and costs $RD350.

The question about luggage security is in my opinion quite valid and not something one can easily answer without the first hand experiences of someone else. I'm tickled that there are still people who do not mind answering the most basic of inquiries. I used to do that too. Now when someone poses a question that I can look up for myself in less time than it took to write the question, I try to point out to that person that it is a more productive and beneficial use of their time to get the answer for themselves rather than just typing the question and relying on someone else to do the basic research.

No swipe at you personally, anyone else who replied, or even the OP. I'm savvy enough to know when someone has hit the all too frequent DR information brick wall and when they are just taking the shortest and easiest route from question to answer. Trying and failing before asking for help is admirable and teaches us something in the process - Time and again relying on the good graces of others so that we do not have to make the effort ourselves, not so much. This country does not always make things easy for foreigners. If you wish to thrive in this country as a resident or a tourist, you need to be prepared and able to take some initiative on your own. This country does not coddle to the same degree those from afar who are used to calling 411 for all of life's conundrums. In the end, everyone is free to respond to questions as they see fit and my way of thinking is not necessarily the only valid view point. If an easily searched question can foster a meaningful discussion and bring about a teaching moment for the individual, the respondents and this forum all the better.

For the record.....

I agree with this completely....and recently been slammed for suggesting a Google search.....
It's an angry world out there.

Innovation and creativity in RD are VITAL to survival.

I would find it difficult to impossible to verbalize my survival methodology,
but I can assure you , I survive better than most (IMO)...and my advice is sought locally... all too often.

Don't give up the fight Buster....
It's like my and ju10's fight against the Off Topic crew...
Destined to be lost but worth maintaining the prospect of hope

Which springs eternal, they tell me

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
In case you missed it WW............... back on topic please

pmey27,

I hear you. I read what you said and I even answered you about your luggage. My other comments were not directed to you and because they now detract from this thread, have been taken to Private Mail so as not to obscure any other relevant info people may wish to pass on to you.

Enjoy your stay this summer.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
No matter how technologically advanced we get nothing compares to a personal reply from someone who has been there and done that. A Google searche won't give answers on luggage safety, Caribe Tours website would be quite tricky to navigate to fine the fare for children.

So if a man is hungry you feed him fish. When the time is right you teach him to fish.

i agree. i dont think that a search for prices and schedules for CaribeTours will advise you to bring a winter parka. little details like that come from guys with personal experience.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
i agree. i dont think that a search for prices and schedules for CaribeTours will advise you to bring a winter parka. little details like that come from guys with personal experience.

Thank you señor gorgon.................

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
......is there a discount for a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old?

Although a long way off food for thought. Dominicans put their children in the seat next to them in hopes no one will say.. move that kid I paid for that seat <G>. So you can try that or just pay full price for seats for your children. gorgon mentioned bus is cold to say the least. Jacket and a light blanket may just prove to be the thing to have. Also food is not allowed on the bus although you can pack it in your carry on and once the bus gets moving just snack away. Most of Caribe Tours buses have Wi-Fi but how dependable and strong the signal is can vary from day to day..................