I am taking my son to DR and am Divorced - Do I need a notorized Letter from my EX?

kim

Jan 10, 2002
I am divorced and taking my son to DR for vacation. Is is true I need to get a notarized letter from my EX allowing me to take him out of the country???

Dolli

Mar 6, 2002
Notorized letter

Yes you will need a notorized letter. I know this because we have taken our kid's friends with us out of the country. Anytime both parents are not present, you need proof that the child has permission to travel with you even though you are the parent also. Have a nice trip

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
No. If you have custody of the child you do not need a notarized letter from the boy's father. You will need to show proof that you are the child's mother.

Dolli

Mar 6, 2002
Although it may be different in some places, most places in the Caribbean, including the DR (Have been there with children without 1 parent along) require documentation of some kind. Death cert if parent is deceased, notorized permission to travel, or perhaps proof of custody would do. I would never take the chance of not having the documentation. Talk to your TA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
dolores has it right. My daughter travels all the time with her son to and fro the DR and never has any problem...

HB

vanessa

Feb 6, 2002
Departure from?

I believe that would all depend on what country you are leaving from. Last year my friend was asked for one from the airline in Toronto. She had to call her ex and have him bring her one. WHy take the chance? If you can get one, you should!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The problem usually occurs when you are leaving your "home country" not arriving in Santo Domingo.I traveled many times with my son from Boston to Santo Domingo and never was asked anything, either in Boston or here in Sant Domingo.My son always had his passport,and it was before 9-11! Criss Colon