French Schengen visa for Domnicans (Tourism)

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
1- Download the form and requirements at :
https://do.ambafrance.org/1-Visado-tramites-de-entrada-en

2-Schedule an Appointment: You need to call their contact center at 1.809.976.2444.The call costs DOP$500 and you won't be able to reach them from prepaid lines. They’ll ask for the intended date of travel and will fix the appointment date accordingly. You'll get an appointment code, which later you'll see is useless. Apply at least three months before your intended travel date.
3-Gather Your Documents:
a)Application Form
b)Valid Passport, photocopies of the first page, as well as of all pages with any visas or stamps on them.
c)A recent 3.5X4.6 photo, on a white or gray background.
d)Proof of financial means: Bank Statement /Proof of Financial Means of the Person who is willing to cover your expenses.
e)Certification from employer or proof that You have a business
f)Flight reservation
g)Travel Medical insurance for $30,000.00 Euros.
h)Hotel Reservation, Attestation D’accueil(original) or any proof of paid lodging.
i)Marriage/divorce/death certificate, depending on your status
j)For Minors. Birth Certificate (In Extensa), Notarized Authorization for the minor to leave the country.
k)Visa Fee: $60 Euros in $DOP for adults
Kids under 6: Free, Kids aged 6-1, 30 Euros
4-Attend your Visa Appointment. Show up at the French consulate at least 15 mins earlier. Use the intercom, they'll ask for your name. Once that they check that you're not concealing a bomb, wait for your turn. They'll make sure that your application is complete, you'll get your fingerprints taken, and then you'll pay the visa fee ($60 Euros in pesos, in cash).
5- Wait for your results. You'll get a slip with the date you can come pick up your passport. Unlike other consulates, there is no way to track the status of your visa application. Just show up on the date they tell you to, and you'll find out.

They don't provide information on a specific visa application status over the phone or email, but they do answer general questions.
Contact Info and Address
ambafrance.org@gmail.com[/email]
Calle Las Damas #42, Colonial Zone.

Jan 7, 2016
Thank God, U.S. Citizens an travel to Schengen countries without all that bother...you have to be an avid traveler or have some business to make all that leg-work worthwhile.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Thank God, U.S. Citizens an travel to Schengen countries without all that bother...you have to be an avid traveler or have some business to make all that leg-work worthwhile.

Exactly my thought.

The worst part must be having to buy the plane ticket and paid lodging before being sure you would obtain a visa.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Exactly my thought.

The worst part must be having to buy the plane ticket and paid lodging before being sure you would obtain a visa.

There's actually no need to buy the plane ticket or paid lodging. You can submit the application with flight and hotel reservations from a travel agency.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

I've dealt with the embassies of two EU countries in the DR, and as far as I have seen, they actually advice strongly against this. Do not buy anything other than the insurance before the visa decision.

Last time (a few years ago) we applied for visas for my wife and son, we only carried proposed itinerary (so not even a reservation, just an itinerary printed off from their website) from the airline, and the embassy was perfectly happy with that.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Sorry I might be missing the point, but is the change?

In the past, in order to make an appointment, you had to do it over the phone by calling a call center in PR. Now, you can pick your appointment date and time online.

As stated before, something that is also new is that the application form can be completed online too.