Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paypal to Banco Popular transfer - How long should it take??

Well the question is pretty much in the title. After I press ok, how long are we talking? Seconds, minutes, hours, hours, days.....

Cheers
    Roy
    Last edited by DRDreamer72; 05-05-2017 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Because predictive text sucks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Answers 3 days I am now told by BPD.

Roy

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

4 days always. I transfer every Tuesday night 8 pm (counting starts Wednesday morning) and it is in my BPD account Sundays at 6 pm.

If there is a holiday in between it takes this day longer i.e. at the Semana Santa weekend.

4. Likes Wishing you well liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I set up a Xoom account and tied into one of USA bank accounts. Thru Xoom I am able to transfer money into a Popular account here and it takes about an hour for the transfer to go thru.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, misread the question.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually 3-4 days.... But you now need a Dominican Paypal account... You have to transfer money from your US to the DR account and that will be a $5 cost

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonchi View Post
    Usually 3-4 days.... But you now need a Dominican Paypal account... You have to transfer money from your US to the DR account and that will be a $5 cost
    It took 4 days for me to send $3000 from my US Bank to reach my US PayPal account.

I wanted to send $1500 to my DR PayPal.

I just sent it today May 10, 2017, and my cost for sending $1500 between PayPal accounts was $7.50. I got a message saying it will be available to the recipient ( my DR PayPal ) on or before May 11th 2017.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Banco Popular still charge $10 for withdrawing paypal funds to your Popular account?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shorts View Post
    Does Banco Popular still charge $10 for withdrawing paypal funds to your Popular account?
    Yes or the peso equivalent. If you are putting US funds into a peso account, there is an additional one dollar fee for the conversion into pesos. Plus you should be mindful of the rate of exchange you are getting when funding your peso account. The main difference now, is the PayPal account has to be a Dominican Republic PayPal,not a US PayPal account.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to escape the transfer fees at paypal, you need to setup a different account at your bank, since you can only link to one account. Just choose an account that has no fees if you do 1 bill pay a month,,, Citi has 1 of these accounts,, no min balance required... Then you transfer from main account to your secondary.. Then use your Dominican paypal to pull the money out.. 3-4 days,, then you pay BP $10,, and another 3-4 days... Just went thru this as my US paypal was no longer working at BP..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast