Jet Set Night Club- Foul odor in mens room

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
If it's a men's room, what else could the odor be? Please send us a picture of the odor or describe it better.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Probably a leaking trap, letting sewer gas back in.

Jet Set Night Club? Must be some hot chicas there?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
How do you fix this?

if its in fact the Main Trap, it would be outside the building , near the street ..
Dig it up, replace .. not hard but time consuming..
I concur its probably leaking into the ground,and could be allowing gases back in.
If the smell is more subtle , it could be an OPEN pipe inside the bathroom itself ( which is actually a more likely scenario thinking about it ) .. even sinks have traps under them for this obvious reason.
In a toilet the trap is inside the toilet itself . it looks like an S shape..same principle and that is why you have standing water in the toilet , that water is what keeps the gases out .

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
if its in fact the Main Trap, it would be outside the building , near the street ..
Dig it up, replace .. not hard but time consuming..
I concur its probably leaking into the ground,and could be allowing gases back in.
If the smell is more subtle , it could be an OPEN pipe inside the bathroom itself ( which is actually a more likely scenario thinking about it ) .. even sinks have traps under them for this obvious reason.
In a toilet the trap is inside the toilet itself . it looks like an S shape..same principle and that is why you have standing water in the toilet , that water is what keeps the gases out .

So we all concur that it is in fact sewer gasses. Now what is the repercussion of breathing this stuff in?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
So we all concur that it is in fact sewer gasses. Now what is the repercussion of breathing this stuff in?

would be more concerned with Airborne Bacteria settling on surfaces in that bathroom, than the gas itself , you not sleeping in the bathroom so it wont really affect you..

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
they actually make hydrogen sulfide and methane detectors, two gases produced by sewage. As jd indicates the health risk is very small unless you are in a very confined space. The most common result is just an unpleasant odor. This is very common in and around the Sosua area as well , pluming issues.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
would be more concerned with Airborne Bacteria settling on surfaces in that bathroom, than the gas itself , you not sleeping in the bathroom so it wont really affect you..

I never touch a bath door handle on the way out. Always use some type of paper towel or something. The door handle has to be the worst. Unless you're Paulie.

[video=youtube;64CVhTw_92Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64CVhTw_92Y[/video]

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I never touch a bath door handle on the way out. Always use some type of paper towel or something. The door handle has to be the worst.

Bathroom doors should open out, unlatched, so you don´t have to touch the dirty handle to get out.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Can anyone please tell me what this odor is. And why does it occur? Also why is it so foul?

Well it is really quite simple people go in there to poop and pee and these actions are smelly by definition.
I worked doing plumbing for quite a few years and can tell you for sure that the above is true!
Der Fish

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
I thought about going to Jet Set(for the 1st time) last weekend but I wound up at Karaoke at some colmado near the conde. Great times with my Dominican friends.