Camara de Comercio y Produccion de Puerto Plata

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Can someone please explain what the purpose and necessity of registering with the Camara de Comercio y Produccion de Plata Plata has to do with a company whose sole purpose is to have the title to a house?

Our friend was told that in order to sell a home, they would need to see if their company registration with them is up to date.  They seem to think that they have not renewed it.

Is there a way that it can be renewed online and if so, does anyone have the link?

Thanks

Feb 7, 2007
Well if the company owns the house I guess he is selling the company. That way the title transfer fee is sold.

And CdeC cannot update its registry of who the owner of the company is if the company is not in good standing and owes its renewal fees. Consider CdeC akin to some US state's department of corporations, and DGII in the DR to the IRS. Pretty simple to understand the meaning of whose job is to do what once you put it in those terms.

Jan 17, 2009
"Is there a way that it can be renewed online and if so, does anyone have the link?"

No, it can't be renewed online.  Last year, we needed to bring previous year registration to renew it.  I can't remember how much we paid but I think it was related to corporate capital.  It takes several days to process. The registration forms/renewal are online in PDF format.  You can print and bring them filled out.  http://www.camarapuertoplata.org