You just have to love Rd

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Driving back from Punta Cana - SDQ the other day I gave the toll collector 100 pesos in coins to pay for the toll which costs 100 pesos and she gave me back 90 pesos in coins I try to give it back and she started arguing with me that I am wrong. ONLY IN RD

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
And on the other hand in SD:
Mom of bank robber killed in an aborted bank robbery
The National Police reported that 44-year old María Reyna Paulino Rivas (Susi) later identified as the mother of an arrested bank robber, was killed on Saturday, 27 May 2017, shortly before noon, in a shootout between police officers and three men and the woman. The group was persecuted by the Police after presenting forged checks for cashing with fake documents at a branch of the BanReservas located on Av. Presidente Antonio Guzmán Fernández in San Francisco de Macoris.

The Police identified the men as 28-year old Wellington Martinez, 29-year old Francisco Javier Vargas (José), and Julio Antonio Sánchez Soto (Valeron), who were driving in a Chevrolet Tahoe SUV with the woman, when fleeing after noting they had been discovered at the bank. They were persecuted on the road linking San Francisco de Macorís to Ranchito in La Vega where they clashed with the police in the Sabana Rey community, when Paulino was shot in the back.

Noticias SIN reported that the woman was later identified as the mother of Bryan Peter Felix Paulino, who was arrested and identified as a member of the bank robbery band of the late John Percival Matos.

All were residents in Santo Domingo. The Police said Paulino resided on the main street in Las Cañitas in Santo Domingo.

The Police reported they confiscated a 9 caliber Glock and Taurus guns, bullets, a laptop, a cell phone and a notebook where they practiced signatures.

The Police also announced the arrest in this case in Ranchito, La Vega of Luis Emilio Castillo Cabrera (El Pinto), resident in Santiago and Alquiries Reynoso (La Culebra) resident in Nagua, accused as accomplices. The Police said that those arrested have a track record of crimes including theft, forgery and homicides.

The body of Paulino was taken to the INACIF pathology institute for an autopsy. This is like Ma Barker, Dominican style. She sure went out with her boots on. Make a good movie story line.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
This island is fairy tale land you can't make this stuff up. I wish i video tape her .

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
This island is fairy tale land you can't make this stuff up. I wish i video tape her .

At least for me my stay in DR went like this.

Everything seems crazy, fun and exciting. Than somehow I got used to everything happening around me than everything gets boring, after everything starts to be bothersome, and eventually it became how long can I stick with it.

But only after I came back, I started to miss some of it. NOT ALL, but some.

Right now I wish I can have my colmador almost made a call and if they would deliver Presidente Light to my home in NJ in 5 minutes or less. LOL.

Good luck!

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I know what you mean. I lived here in the ninetees for 9 years. Made a long backpack trip thru South and middle america. When I came back after several months it felt like coming home, the moment I arrived at the americas AirPort. The noise, smiles everything.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I know what you mean. I lived here in the ninetees for 9 years. Made a long backpack trip thru South and middle america. When I came back after several months it felt like coming home, the moment I arrived at the americas AirPort. The noise, smiles everything.

it does have this endearing quality, which is hard to describe..

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The resentment and frustrations that build slowly over things like keeping the lights, cable, internet, wifi and water going are lessened by visits out of here from time to time. A few weeks in gringoland with shoppping malls air conditioning and normal drivers charges my batteries and I am ready to return and battle the evil Edenorte.