Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

A reduction in European charter flights

Things change, life moves on, 100's of resources instead of 2 or 3 etc etc etc.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    A reduction in European charter flights

Things change, life moves on, 100's of resources instead of 2 or 3 etc etc etc.
    On both sides of the game and both sides of the coin.

In the olden days the Sankies had to ply their wares, to play their hustle, to exercise their con, expertly and proficiently. Then there was a hole cat and mouse thing to turn that connection into a relationship. And then the shoe drop. Back in the olden days there were limited resources to access the First World mark.

These days there are a jillion social media websites and consequently the Sanky game has suffered. What used to be after some intense level of interest was established you would hear the sick grandma tale now has been condensed to some stranger asking you for a loan 10 minutes after you met them online, literally. The ultra-pathetic deterioration of the hustle is probably what has reduced inquiries into the validity of these relationships. It becomes clearly apparent if you meet a person Tuesday and have what would probably be a nice conversation only to have that same person beg you for a $100 on Wednesday that the integrity of the person and quality of the relationship is bogus.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a TV reality show about those coming over on fiancé visas and then having to marry. One of the couples is a Dominican guy who met a American girl on vacation. She brought him to the US on a fiancé visa and then married him. I think it is on TLC, new season starts June 25 (yes I know I have too much time on my hands, damn knee..lol). Anyway in the clips from the new season it shows him throwing his green card at her saying she can have it if that is what he thinks he married her for. Her family definitely thought this....I agree with AE, the new age of Facebook, Instagram, etc...has changed the game. Anything and everything is out there on those social media pages.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I for one am glad I found this forum. I met this girl on vacation there a few months ago and we fell in love within a few hours, it funny how that happened, I would never have expected that. She is a very good girl, very close with her family, she even has a cousin that she seems very close to,, he was always around when I popped in for a surprise visit. Anyway to make a long story short, I was there for 2 weeks and since then she has gone through a lot of bad times, her grandmother feel ill, her mother needed an operation, she had no money for her little sister to go to school (I never knew how expensive schools were in the DR!) and various other bad things you wouldn't believe. Anywho we are supposed to get married soon and I hope I will be able to take her away from such madness and give here a better life. I do have one question though:
    What is a sanky?

5. Likes drstock, lisainmich liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChicaSlayer View Post
    Well, I for one am glad I found this forum. I met this girl on vacation there a few months ago and we fell in love within a few hours, it funny how that happened, I would never have expected that. She is a very good girl, very close with her family, she even has a cousin that she seems very close to,, he was always around when I popped in for a surprise visit. Anyway to make a long story short, I was there for 2 weeks and since then she has gone through a lot of bad times, her grandmother feel ill, her mother needed an operation, she had no money for her little sister to go to school (I never knew how expensive schools were in the DR!) and various other bad things you wouldn't believe. Anywho we are supposed to get married soon and I hope I will be able to take her away from such madness and give here a better life. I do have one question though:
    What is a sanky?
    A male version of your girlfriend.

Is this really a troll post, a joke, or are you for real....???

7. Likes keepcoming, frank recktenwald liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully a joke, otherwise it would just be to pathetic.

9. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by contasm View Post

Obviously looking at the activity of this forum, those days are gone. I’m curious to know what has happened and why posts have decreased. Have people changed their view on Sankies?

Any comments are welcome…

Saludos!!!!!
    People can now read other people's experiences, which are similar to theirs, without having to put themselves in the hot seat. They also know they will not get any validation , which is what many are looking for anyways.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keepcoming View Post
    Hopefully a joke, otherwise it would just be to pathetic.
     A  real Chicaslayer would not fall "in love within a few hours"...joke.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy was obviously joking around .. he went out of his way to hit on almost Every point..

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost every point, I forgot the part about even though we don't speak the same language she will teach me Spanish and I will teach her Engish,,,,,,, it sounded funny in my head but as I am writing this and reading my last it just makes me sad,,,,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast