Las Yayitas, a Lovely Waterfall North of Bani

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
A well presented article with pictures in todays Diario Libre about Las Yayitas waterfall, north of Bani with instructions how to get there:

https://www.diariolibre.com/economi...ntado-por-espumosa-garganta-en-bani-BX7257388

To get to the tourist attraction you have to cross four times, at various points, the Bani river and walk more than 70 meters by the nearly frosted area of the channel of the tributary. Vehicles can be parked about 350 meters in the community of the Yayitas, section the bend in the road, where they prepare the mabi lemon more tasty in the country

I wonder has anyone been to yet another lovely looking waterfall with surrounding area? It would seem you follow the Rio Bani out of town and my guess would be that the road isn't that good. Those mountains to the north when travelling along Autopista Sanchez always look inviting to me, and to access them before the turn to San Jose de Ocoa would be nice.

(And it is mango time too in Bani and the sight, choice and price of those mangoes on the side of the highway is a pleasure and added reason to trip out west at this time of year.)