Santiago Mayor named in US criminal investigations

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If they won't be prosecuted here, then I'm all for rounding them up and throwing the book at them elsewhere.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
as long as they get a trial and face the consequences of what they have done to the people of this island....who cares where the justice comes from
and it hopefully will not be as easy to purchase a ticket to freedom

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
... I am sure that its the drug trafficking the usa whats him for... if they have been watching him for 5 years.....the DEA, CIA, ect , will probably stop at nothing to put him in a USA prison.......Doc......

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If what this article states is indeed factual, I think it safe to say we are going to see the USA pick up
and arrest the other people who were named in a US court of law with regards to the Odebrecht case.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local...ed-in-us-criminal-investigations-colorvision/

Source: Dominican Today.

That's kinda odd... Abel Martinez went as far as publishing a picture on his FB account of his recently renewed VISA.

I wouldn't put it past him to have forged the picture though.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Look at the comments one of which is below. And nothing about this in any Dominican press.

"This detective angel Martinez has made similar accusations before about dominican politicos being investigated for various crimes, and they have turn out to be untrue. Nothing has happened. I don't believe him at all."

Matilda

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Look at the comments one of which is below. And nothing about this in any Dominican press.

"This detective angel Martinez has made similar accusations before about dominican politicos being investigated for various crimes, and they have turn out to be untrue. Nothing has happened. I don't believe him at all."

Matilda

Perhaps its just wishful thinking. Interesting point.

Jan 9, 2004
That's kinda odd... Abel Martinez went as far as publishing a picture on his FB account of his recently renewed VISA.

I wouldn't put it past him to have forged the picture though.

Posting a picture of it does not conclusively establish the validity of his visa. Many are revoked in the system and never turned in.

Conversely, a journalist saying it has been revoked is of little validity. The US does not publish a public list of revoked visas, nor upon inquiry will they tell anyone other than the visa holder its actual status.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

Matilda
...Matilda... a friend of mine heard about this , in Santiago this morning, where she works at the Palace of Justice......Doc.....

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Wasn't it not too long ago where people on here were asking if this fella was doing a good job cleaning up the town? Maybe he ruffled some feathers while sweeping the broom?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i know abel martinez and his family for many years. The detective is some guy who is paid by his enemies to defame him. Abel just had his visa renewed and he free to travel to usa at will. He is not named in any drug investigation and his visa is not revoked. this detective is some A-hole who is bent on spreading rumors to precisely tarnish Abel's reputation. I have a person in mind who maybe behind all this.
AZB

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
i know abel martinez and his family for many years. The detective is some guy who is paid by his enemies to defame him. Abel just had his visa renewed and he free to travel to usa at will. He is not named in any drug investigation and his visa is not revoked. this detective is some A-hole who is bent on spreading rumors to precisely tarnish Abel's reputation. I have a person in mind who maybe behind all this.
AZB
......glad to hear that... the changes he made in Santiago are great...... lack of huge garbage piles are something I was liking a lot.......Doc......

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
AZB

Gaspar Gomez, or the Diaz brothers?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Gaspar Gomez, or the Diaz brothers?

how about a well known politician who has lost against Abel in elections? You know they spend millions of their own money to run as candidates. Abel came in and trashed them all.
Abel will just go forward in his political career. He may even become the president of this country one day. This is when I will get Dominican citizenship and join in.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
......glad to hear that... the changes he made in Santiago are great...... lack of huge garbage piles are something I was liking a lot.......Doc......

wait till you see the entrance to santiago. there is this huge project underway which will soon be finished. the entrance to santiago will sure attract attention. Abel is working day and night to keep santiago in good order. he has cleaned up a lot of corruption in the city and fired many people who were robbing the city of it funds. Ever-since he has gotten married and became a father, he is a changed man. Not the man I used to know before.
Arriba con Abel!!!!
AZB