Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Hello there,
I am not in the least bit educated on such forums. I do not suscribe to Facebook, or any other of the Social Media.
However I do like this site and would like to effectively contribute.

I have a Post Secondary Degree in Science and another in Business.
I am retired and living in DR.
I am looking for a fellow known as Robert Saunders from New Brunswick Canada.
He may be a relative of mine.
I believe he lives in Jaracaoba .

I have been here off and on for 9 years. I have invested in property and small businesses.
My profession is in Small Business Development.
To pay for my education I worked as a Master Boat Builder (Certified). Province of Nova Scotia.

Regards,
Russell Wm. Saunders

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well I don't know if we are relatives or not Russell. I am actually not from New Brunswick but my father is- Fredericton-Marysville area.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Sounds like a set up Bob. Better keep your head down.

How's your relationship with Revenue Canada...Hmmmm????

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
This is a legit contact request. Russ is a good friend of mine and I've known him for years. He introduced me to many expats and DR families over the years. His DR home is my second home. 

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Russ, just so you know, after 5 posts you can private message posters on DR1 using their DR1 code name. Forgot to mention that when I saw you yesterday. If memory serves me correctly Bob mentioned having relatives in NL too.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Russ, just so you know, after 5 posts you can private message posters on DR1 using their DR1 code name. Forgot to mention that when I saw you yesterday. If memory serves me correctly Bob mentioned having relatives in NL too.

I doubt if you'll find one corner of the earth where bob has not claimed family members. From Ukraine to Patagonia as well as Israel and Syria.
Der Fish

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Not everyday you find a possible relative online.. I think it is really nice. Go DR1 bringing people together!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I doubt if you'll find one corner of the earth where bob has not claimed family members. From Ukraine to Patagonia as well as Israel and Syria.
Der Fish

9j214w.gif

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
i think it's 10 posts.

Mea Culpa. My how time flies! Almost two years since I first bared my soul on DR1. I sullied it after 501 posts and entered the murky world of the OT threads. Ya think a good Catholic boy would know better!

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Mea Culpa. My how time flies! Almost two years since I first bared my soul on DR1. I sullied it after 501 posts and entered the murky world of the OT threads. Ya think a good Catholic boy would know better!

Say a prayer to Saint Jude, I'm right there with ya.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Say a prayer to Saint Jude, I'm right there with ya.

Saint Jude is the patron Saint of lost souls, I think. Wouldn't say I'm lost yet, just distracted. Had two year relationship with lovely Pentecostal lady a few years ago. Told me I had to convert to her faith to marry her. Told her I enjoyed the sexual side of our relationship but it wasn't worth converting for. Lol!

The place I stay at in Playa Dorada was filled to capacity for the Corpus Christi weekend celebrations. Most people I've even seen in the place. They partied all Saturday night till 6AM Sunday. Don't remember our religious celebrations being that rowdy when we were growing up in a small community back home. If they were, I would have spent more time in church.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Back in the very early 1900's 19 brothers walked off the North Mountain near Harborville Nova Scotia. They trekked to Maine, Mass, New Brunswick , Newfoundland and only God knows where else. I have been developing a Family Tree for my mothers side and found a lot of skeletons and surprises... Only just started on the Saunders.
We had a brother named Robert Saunders who died at 2 years old and another Brother named Lawrence Robert S.
So Robert is a chosen name in the family.
One never knows!
Anyway I must pack for my trip back to Canada tomorrow.
Thanks for the welcomes.
I hope it is ok to use our real names.!

Russ