Questions regarding shipping to the DR From Los Angeles

ahmadj

Jan 8, 2011
I'm not quiere sure if this topic has been covered but I did a search with no luck. My wife is originally from San Francisco de macoris, but now we she lives with me in LA. For Christmas she would like to send a 55 gallOn drum/barrel with toys clothes and other stuff to her hometown for her huge family. 

I know on the west coast there's not that many Dominicans let alone Dominican shipping companies. Can anyone give me any pointers or any advice on how to do this most economically as possible?

Thanks guys

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
What may be suggested......

What may be suggested is to locate a Dominican owned or administered shipping/mudanza company in Miami. Ask them who to use to bring the drum from LA to them they may have a trucker in mind. Provide them the size, estimated weight, and contents of the drum. They will receive it from the trucker and then arrange to ship it by ocean to the DR.

There may be posters here having experience with shipping from Miami who have suggestions of companies.

Just be aware, movement by truck from LA to Miami will take about 5 -10 days by common carrier truck.

The transit from Miami to the DR for the drum is variable because of the logistics of receiving, handling, documentation, and loading into a ocean container. A guesstimate time from received at door in Miami to arrival to a Dominican port would be anywhere from 10-15 days.

Good Luck !

Regards,

PJT

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...good luck... If you find one, please let me know..... I tried for several years, to send from the middle of USA to the DR....never found one that made any sense $$$$$......Doc......

ahmadj

Jan 8, 2011
It seems like its going to be more expensive shipping it to miami then to the DR....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Your best bet may to buy online and have it sent to your shipper.

I just did that with a washer, dryer and generator....

This way you can send to NYC or Miami.... as you choose.

Amazon Prime has free shipping.