Electronic/Computer stores in Puerto Plata and Santiago?

Gringopean

May 24, 2017
Greeting All,

My first question on the forum as new long term visitor to Puerto Plata.

I am in the need of a larger computer LCD monitor 24" and up.
Any stores to recommend in Puerto Plata or Santiago?

I was hoping there would be an Office Depot here like in Santo Domingo but I was wrong.

Thanks

PS. I brought in a 34" computer monitor the other day at POP, the custom officer took a look and determined it was not a TV. No import tax needed to be paid.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Greeting All,

My first question on the forum as new long term visitor to Puerto Plata.

I am in the need of a larger computer LCD monitor 24" and up.
Any stores to recommend in Puerto Plata or Santiago?

I was hoping there would be an Office Depot here like in Santo Domingo but I was wrong.

Thanks

PS. I brought in a 34" computer monitor the other day at POP, the custom officer took a look and determined it was not a TV. No import tax needed to be paid.

bring the thing in from the outside. if it is less than 200 dollars, you will pay no duties. i just looked at a used 22 inch yesterday in a pawnshop, and it was 12,000 pesos. you could get two new ones for that.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Just about a block and a half behind Caribe tours bus station there is a guy that has/ or maybe had I haven't been there for 11 months a shop where he sold full sized computers used and rebuilt for 5,000 to 8,000 pesos. Go thru the bus station and head toward the beach and it is on your left side. New York Doms.
Der Fish