Customs At JFK & SDQ& UBER

fanciko

Jun 21, 2017
no problems at either point of entry in both countries treated with respect and saw nothing new ...... and also used uber for my traveling no problems also my friends who are dominican are also using uber and loving it.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
no problems at either point of entry in both countries treated with respect and saw nothing new ...... and also used uber for my traveling no problems also my friends who are dominican are also using uber and loving it.

How long have you been driving with them, or spamming for them?

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Uber is very good for those that have their time here, and know what's going on. I don't recommend it for 1st time travelers though. Not yet. What is tiresome is the spamming occurring on this site by those affiliated with Uber. How many more first time posters are going to tell us the benefits of using Uber? It's ridiculous. That's all. A possibly very good service will suffer, by the low budget antics of those representing it.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
An Airport is the perfect place to "GAME" Uber ( for the drivers)..
once they figure out how to do it ,, their " Surge pricing" will be higher than current SET Rates ..
just wait.... careful what you wish for ..

Uber takes 20% off the top, no ? how does this possibly REDUCE pricing ?

Does anyone really think the taxi Mafia will allow NEW, NON TAXI Drivers to steal their Money , in the DR?
This aint Kansas.
its going to be the same drivers .. who will now game the system even further .

just my .02... we shall see how it goes.. give it a year ..

Last edited:

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
An Airport is the perfect place to "GAME" Uber ( for the drivers)..
once they figure out how to do it ,, thei " Surge pricing" will be higher than current SET Rates ..
just wait.... careful what you wish for ..

Uber takes 20% off the top, no ? how does this possibly REDUCE pricing ?

Does anyone really think the taxi Mafia will allow NEW, NON TAXI Drivers to steal their Money , in the DR?
This aint Kansas.
its going to be the same drivers .. who will not game the system even further .

just my .02... we shall see how it goes.. give it a year ..

Very dangerous game to be played in the DR. As the poster stated further up above, this isn't the taxi girl scouts. Do you see what happens with the transportation/bus routes within the DR? Whether it's right or wrong, I'm not taking sides, but it's only a matter of time before somebody feels that somebody is dippin' in to their pocket.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Very dangerous game to be played in the DR. As the poster stated further up above, this isn't the taxi girl scouts. Do you see what happens with the transportation/bus routes within the DR? Whether it's right or wrong, I'm not taking sides, but it's only a matter of time before somebody feels that somebody is dippin' in to their pocket.

I have had taxi drivers literally wait ALL afternoon for me ( sorry , meant late morning early afternoon) , while i was still playing at the Hotel Pool, so they could 100% lock in the $20 fare to the airport .. that opened my eyes .

People do not understand how much $20 is to these people..
for a $ 60 fare , they would kill their pet dog ..

Last edited:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

That's all well and good but if Uber wants $8 to Boca Chica when the taxi mafia is trying to charge me $25 and $12 when the taxi mafia is trying to charge me $40 then I say "Hooray Uber!" and screw the taxi mafia.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Uber only seems to appeal to those that want to get their hustle on, until, those that want to get their hustle on are confronted by professional hustlers. It won't be long before there are headlines. They won't be nice. Again, for the record, I don't have a horse in the game, I don't condone violence, but moreso, I'd hate to see an innocent person get injured for trying to save a couple of dollars in a foreign country.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Lemme understand this ..

Third world people , living hand to mouth.. .Are USED to a certain stream of REVENUE ( ie. easy money from Gringos). that Taxi guy just like a PUTA is probably supporting a whole extended Family...

Now A company comes along ( invasive outsider) ... and is going to persuade them that 50% of the revenue you got before is ENOUGH .. take it or leave it .

and they just gonna be FINE with that ...?
thats the "business model" we are talking here ?

Really ?

I think i got a better chance of telling my Waste Management Carting Company here in NJ that
"$900 for a 40 yard, is TOO fu**ing much.
Think Imma pay you $350 .. take it or leave it Vinny... and dont you give me none of your Lip."

I See how that flies first ...

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Uber only seems to appeal to those that want to get their hustle on, until, those that want to get their hustle on are confronted by professional hustlers. It won't be long before there are headlines. They won't be nice. Again, for the record, I don't have a horse in the game, I don't condone violence, but moreso, I'd hate to see an innocent person get injured for trying to save a couple of dollars in a foreign country.

Hustle?

I guess asking to pay a fair price for a 5km ride to BC from SDQ is a "hustle"? Whatever. I travel all around the globe an use Uber in most of those places and they are good for a fair deal. I am not "hustling" anyone but I don't want anyone hustling me. I never ask more than I am willing to give.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Haha ,
when a Chica is hustling a Dude for $150, for one hour of fun, its AOK... " go make your money girl , see me later"
Right ?

but when a MAN is driving you safely from point a to point b, and is trying to make a living for his Family
,, he is all of a sudden a BAD GUY?

All Airports have this Hustle, its a way of life.. Its their Culture ..

they try for a certain price.. if you speak 20 words of Spanish ,and u know the REAL PRICE , and are carrying Pesos, not jusst $20's $50's and $100's , you WONT have to pay that SUCKER price .. its really that simple.
And if you cant and dont ... you should GET FLEECED, you deserve it ... til you smarten up..

and If you have a Business card in your pocket with a Taxi co you used before and know, you certainly wont have to pay the SUCKER price..
its that simple..

who the F needs UBER ? to "Negotiate" a Better Price ?

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Hustle?

I guess asking to pay a fair price for a 5km ride to BC from SDQ is a "hustle"? Whatever. I travel all around the globe an use Uber in most of those places and they are good for a fair deal. I am not "hustling" anyone but I don't want anyone hustling me. I never ask more than I am willing to give.

You obviously have not seen the new Uber commercials on television. That's their line, not mine. It's their new marketing plan.