Weather Dominican Republic - March

Kate Othen

Mar 9, 2002
We are going on holiday to the Fun Tropical Hotel on the north coast of Dominican Republic 13th-28th March 02. Anyone any ideas on weather and also the hotel? Replies much appreciated.

Mickey

Mar 3, 2002
I don't know anything about that hotel. A year ago today i was in Puerto Plata. The weather was spectacular. Over ten days we averaged highs of 27 C and it rained for a total of 15 minutes. Hope you're as lucky with the weather as we were! :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Forecast: Sunny and bright. Light sea breezes from 10 a.m. onwards. Light land breezes from 8 p.m. on.

Chances of showers. About 20%. Duration: a few minutes to cool things off.

Bring sun screen (30+) and some bug repellent for your bare arms and legs. This is the tropics, after all. Do your tanning in the early morning and late afternoon. Go slowly. Get tan, not red..

Nice place, right there in Playa Dorada. Near the Commercial Center, Golf course and ocean....15 min walk to entrance for bus (RD$10) into town.

Have a great breakfast-made to your order- at Sofy's B&B--call 586 6411 and talk to Noelle for how to get there...Will be a high spot of the trip..Try and have a night out at Cafe Cito in town...great atmosphere...

HB

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'll second that on the breakfasts at Sofy's B&B. American style with tropical juices, great Dominican coffee and comfortable surroundings.

Kate Othen

Mar 9, 2002
Weather

Many thanks for replies. Have been a little concerned as it appears to be cloudy and raining over in the DR at the moment with temperatures at 27 degs max. Was hoping for a sunshine holiday!?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Kiss me Kate!. You can get lobster-red in no time at all, even if it might be overcast. Be VERY careful the first days....

HB

g.broome

Mar 8, 2002
weather in march

i have got a list of web sites that are doing hotel reviews for all of the dr e-mail at my address and ill foreward them onto you
www.wunderground .com is great for all weather reports in the dr

danagos

Jan 1, 2002
DR weather postcast

Kate,
I just got back yesterday (10/03/02) from Playa Dorado. Hillbilly is absolutely correct (as usual!). We had one overcast afternoon all week. Temps were around 85 F. (highs) to 72 F. (lows) all week. Bring Sun Block! Bring insect repellant as suggested, antiseptic spray, Pepto Bismol, shades and be prepared to have a great time.

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
Dan

Kate Othen

Mar 9, 2002
Returned

We arrived back this morning from the Playa Dorado complex in the DR. The Fun Tropicale Hotel was OK - 3 star all inclusive and worth the money. The weather was fantastic - around 90 degrees most days. Only half an hour of rain - one evening (apparently there was rain during some nights but we were not aware of it). Back to the reality of 9 degrees in England UK now - ugh!