palmar de ocoa

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I visited this area today ...what a beautifull place to visit ....very peacefull and clean ....nobody on the beach and had lunch at the Ibiza hotel...very nice

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I visited this area today ...what a beautifull place to visit ....very peacefull and clean ....nobody on the beach and had lunch at the Ibiza hotel...very nice

I agree. I do like that part of Peravia and Azua provinces from Bahia Las Calderas all the way up past Palmar de Ocoa.

And it is so close to the capital. Where AE lives in Palenque is good too. Going west, imo, is far better than going east for a day trip from the capital and exactly as you say peaceful, beautiful and relaxing and away from an excess of tourism.

I have heard some negative reports about Hotel Ibiza......expensive for what you get amongst the complaints..... so hopefully you are confirming an significant improvement. It is opposite the entrance to the Ocoa Bay wine resort too. I do hope that takes off.

There are some good small restaurants further south down at Salinas and one of the hotels Hotel Salinas was highly recommended by a DR1 member some 18 months back.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I agree. I do like that part of Peravia and Azua provinces from Bahia Las Calderas all the way up past Palmar de Ocoa.

And it is so close to the capital. Where AE lives in Palenque is good too. Going west, imo, is far better than going east for a day trip from the capital and exactly as you say peaceful, beautiful and relaxing and away from an excess of tourism.

I have heard some negative reports about Hotel Ibiza......expensive for what you get amongst the complaints..... so hopefully you are confirming an significant improvement. It is opposite the entrance to the Ocoa Bay wine resort too. I do hope that takes off.

There are some good small restaurants further south down at Salinas and one of the hotels Hotel Salinas was highly recommended by a DR1 member some 18 months back.

the food I had today was tasty and for a hotel ...not overly expensive.....what I did notice about the hotel....a beautifull idea in the concept .....but it is not receiving the TLC that it needs ....somethings needed repairs and doing patch jobs doesn't cut it ....but I also noticed that the hotel is up for sale ....so that might explain the lack of upkeep