Where to buy alcohol?

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
I need almost clean alcohol. A strong as possible. Preferably 190-proof (95% ABV). But anything above 150-proof (75% ABV) would do. Something like that http://www.theliquorbarn.com/grain-alcohol/ It is for making tinctures. The alcohol should be good to drink. Locals cannot help. They said that they have never seen it. Maybe I ask wrong people.
Any advises?

PS: I may need help to drink it
uqH7oNJ9Suq2bRq8WZIMRg.png

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
brugal 151 is 75.5% ABV. would that be fine? available in any store.

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
Dv8, Brugal is no good for my task. It has flavor already. 

Bob Boyd, that's much better. But I don't know what Playero is. Could you elaborate?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I need almost clean alcohol. A strong as possible. Preferably 190-proof (95% ABV). But anything above 150-proof (75% ABV) would do. Something like that http://www.theliquorbarn.com/grain-alcohol/ It is for making tinctures. The alcohol should be good to drink. Locals cannot help. They said that they have never seen it. Maybe I ask wrong people.
Any advises?

I was out searching a few years back for alcohol 90° proof ( as we call it back home )........ and never found any. The closest I found was 75 or 80, in pharmacies.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Dv8, Brugal is no good for my task. It has flavor already. 

Bob Boyd, that's much better. But I don't know what Playero is. Could you elaborate?

Muaser,
Playero is a supermarket in Sosua, north coast. There is also a Playero en Juan Dolio (I don't know if they are connected).

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
Garyexpat, thanks! I'm in La Romana. A little bit far from the North. But I get the idea what to look for.

malko, yes, I was looking at the pharmacies, too. I'm just not sure what other 25-20% in there, you know :)

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Garyexpat, thanks! I'm in La Romana. A little bit far from the North. But I get the idea what to look for.

malko, yes, I was looking at the pharmacies, too. I'm just not sure what other 25-20% in there, you know :)

Mainly water, i guess.
I was hard pressed to find alcohol w/o an added " taste" , so people cannot drink it, i guess.....

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
Alcohol

Any advises?

Easy : make your own from sugar.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Any advises?

Have you tried Everclear alcohol? I think it's 190 proof. If not, just find someone that makes their own corn liquor. Plenty of people do it in DR.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Have you tried Everclear alcohol? I think it's 190 proof. If not, just find someone that makes their own corn liquor. Plenty of people do it in DR.

Is that the gut rot that they call "Clarin"? [not sure of spelling!]

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Clarin is "tapa azul" I understand, just the cheapest white rum there is, 350 CC. at 100 pesos, 35 * alcohol.

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
:D That's the next step. I'm planning a nice big vintage copper distiller 

ExDR, everclear is exactly what I try to find. I just don't know where to buy it in DR

Last edited: