Any one know the current cost of parking at POP airport?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Easier and possibly better to have friend drive you....
Return the car home and get picked up again

Might even be cheaper than parking

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Long term parking is up a small hill from the terminals. I have never seen anyone patrolling the parking lot. I use the parking lot only for when I need to pick someone up there. When I fly from the airport, I call a taxi to drop me off at the airport.

I thought I had something here, but unfortunately it is like so many Dominican websites, totally useless:

http://www.puerto-plata-airport.com/parking.cfm

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Long term parking is up a small hill from the terminals. I have never seen anyone patrolling the parking lot. I use the parking lot only for when I need to pick someone up there. When I fly from the airport, I call a taxi to drop me off at the airport.

I thought I had something here, but unfortunately it is like so many Dominican websites, totally useless:

http://www.puerto-plata-airport.com/parking.cfm

Not sure about POP. I left my car at SDQ for almost two weeks. Cheaper than having a car a driver from LT to SDQ, which is about $200us with tip, one way but it was around $15us a day. Had no problems with vehicle upon my return. If you are local to the POP airport it would be much cheaper to grab a taxi.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
It's 35 pesos an hour.  I think it's pro-rata for long term, as in 840 pesos for 24 hrs.

Having said that it's 595 for a lost ticket.  I would chance your luck when you come back and say you've lost your ticket!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It's 35 pesos an hour.  I think it's pro-rata for long term, as in 840 pesos for 24 hrs.

Having said that it's 595 for a lost ticket.  I would chance your luck when you come back and say you've lost your ticket!

Surely they can't be charging that much per day, can they? If so, they are losing an opportunity to make some money by putting off potential clients for long-term parking.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

I had a person call me and ask me to meet him at the airport. He wanted me to go in, grab the ticket and give it to him and drive out saying I lost my ticket and he'd pay the lost ticket charge, but when he got to his car it had a boot on the tire. So that gag didn't work for him.
Der Fish

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

You have your answer. Good One.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Here's the definitive answer as i asked the parking attendant this evening.

Tariff is 245 pesos for the first 24hrs and 175 a day thereafter. Park in the lot up the hill, opposite the terminal, above the coach park.  Make sure you let the security guard know how long you intend to stay and he will register your vehicle in the system.  The lot is patrolled by security personnel and there are CCTV cameras in operation.

Abandoned vehicles are towed after a period of time.  Surprisingly, quite a few vehicles are abandoned at airports.  Those that can't afford the payments and skip the country and stolen vehicles.