Matilda's sequel....Life after my saucepans

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks so much Abuela. I hope you all enjoy it as much as the first one. This one is already number one on Amazon.com and Amazon Canada in only 4 days. For those who want to know about Dominican campo life, or who have already fallen in love with Chivirico, or who want to know more about sanky pankies, or even more corruption.... this is for you.

Matilda

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I cannot wait to hear the full story of Chivi the bodyguard. This young man was so fortunate to have met you and impressed you with his large personality. I loved the first book and am ordering this one now. Keep up the blog Lindsey.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I finished reading the Kindle version about a half hour ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it, even more than the first book.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Just ordered the paperback from Amazon. Can't wait!!!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Just ordered the paperback from Amazon. Can't wait!!!

Thanks so much! It is selling well and the general consensus appears to be it is better than the first one, which, I can tell you is a big relief! I hope you enjoy it.

Matilda

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Just got mine too. I'm sure it will be as good or better than the first.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Just got mine too. I'm sure it will be as good or better than the first.

Thanks so much JD. The latest review on Amazon (from a DR1 person too!) "

"Lindsay de Feliz's first, "What About Your Saucepans?" was a wonderful read, a compelling story, told by an engaging storyteller. I was delighted to find that the second (in what I hope will be a long series), "Life After My Saucepans" was every bit as charming and insightful and compelling as the first. The nuances of life in the Dominican Republic are dissected and examined with humour and more importantly, with love and respect. The author's curiosity, courage, and kindness shine through on every page. Highly recommended!"

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks so much JD. The latest review on Amazon (from a DR1 person too!) "

"Lindsay de Feliz's first, "What About Your Saucepans?" was a wonderful read, a compelling story, told by an engaging storyteller. I was delighted to find that the second (in what I hope will be a long series), "Life After My Saucepans" was every bit as charming and insightful and compelling as the first. The nuances of life in the Dominican Republic are dissected and examined with humour and more importantly, with love and respect. The author's curiosity, courage, and kindness shine through on every page. Highly recommended!"

Got the electronic version a few hours ago........ nearly finished.
Great read :)

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Congratulations. I just purchased the E-version for my Kindle. Will be reading it on the flight down later this week.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Life After My Saucepans is getting great reviews.

"Life After My Saucepans captivated me, few expats have assimilated into Dominican life the way Lindsay has, and she takes us on a trip with her while she walks the life of a gringa in the Dominican campo. As someone who has been traveling to DR since 1975 and owns a home there, I can tell you that this book will open your eyes as to the "real" Dominican Republic, the one that tourists and snowbirds aren't privy to, especially if they haven't spent time outside the resorts and big cities or north coast of DR. Lindsay has the gift of painting a picture with her words, sweeping us along with her "Perils of Pauline" life in a mountain town.

I enjoyed the book, and wholly recommend it to anyone with any interest in the Dominican Republic, whether you are a resident, a potential or actual tourist, married to a Dominican, or just love non-fiction Caribbean life stories.

Do read What About My Saucepans first, if you haven't already done so!"

If you want to learn more about campo life and perils this is a place to start. Books are on their way to me so i will be doing signing on the north coast, las Terrenas and the capital in a month or two.

matilda

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I just finished the book and it was GREAT. Really enjoyed reading about your new life in the campo. Great to read about how Chivi is progressing and of course your husbands political run. Next sequel?? Really enjoyed the book....

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I just finished the book and it was GREAT. Really enjoyed reading about your new life in the campo. Great to read about how Chivi is progressing and of course your husbands political run. Next sequel?? Really enjoyed the book....

Thanks so much for letting me know keepcoming, and very pleased you enjoyed it.

Matilda

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Just ordered the paperback from Amazon and I look forward to reading it but I really want to see what my "gringa" wife thinks about life in the campo - she thinks green rolling pastures is what she wants so let's see if all else that comes with it agrees with her.

BTW Matilda you especially are one of the members on here that make me think "wow, she's awesome" every time I read one of your entries on DR1.

Thank you for for what you do.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
And a big hug to you DRPAWA for your lovely words. I am sure she will enjoy the campo as much as I do. As you say, as long as everything that comes with it agrees with her.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
And another amazing review. Not sure will win a Pulitzer price like Junot Diaz but still
"Lindsay's new book is a wonderful story telling of the sometimes difficult, sometimes sad, but always joyful love story of an English woman and Dominican man. Her story telling ability reminds me of Junot Diaz in the humorous manner of explaining the cultural clash between two cultures and Lindsay's attempt to adjust to Dominican country life. This is a must read for anyone who knows Dominican culture or is thinking about moving internationally. Just a good book for anyone, absorbing and hilarious!"